Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this taurus and this is the look that I want. ( the exact wheels and size) but what size tire do you think i will need on the rim, some places have a package with 255-35-20 will that work. I tried emailing dude to see if he ran into any probs, or what mods he had to do to accomodate these wheels, but he didn't get back to me..

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/431610

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
ghetto.... It looks good, but parked on the sidewalk it looks ghetto. If only one of the cars in the background was on cinder blocks....

255's are going to be hard to fit. I have 235/45/17's with a 35mm offset and they rubbed the left rear fender until i pulled out my Dremel and ground some of the lip down. Plus you are going to kill you fuel mileage with a tire that wide on all four corners. I suggest you look into a smaller tire/wheel package.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what size tire should i look to get on a 20, most of the wire i see in a 20 are 20 x 8. from what i've been reading that might be a problem. in a 20 x 8 what size tire would i need? also what about an 18 what ize tire would i need?

·
Registered
113 Posts
TOO BIG....

Car, to me, needs to have Eibach lowering springs. But the wheels are too wide to not rub the wheel well.

cha ching $0.02

I agree with spridget

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
with 18's you could runs 235/40/18's, get a rim with a lower offset, or a small spacer. Stock offset is 42mm IIRC, a larger number and the wheel will be closer to the struts, a lower number and the tire will be pushed out. My 17's have a 35mm offset. The front tire sticks out from the fender about 1" and looks as if it will hit the fender in full strut compression, however it does not.

Venom runs 18's and is our resident wheel expert.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told by a wheel place that i could do that wire wheel setup in 20 inch with 245-35-20.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by barnz67@Jan 18 2004, 11:36 AM
I was told by a wheel place that i could do that wire wheel setup in 20 inch with 245-35-20.
I can't tell you that they are wrong, but I doubt they are right.

First of all, it's kinda hard to find rims in the bolt pattern and offset for the Taurus/Sable, there just isn't alot of aftermarket support. So if you found some 20" rims that fit, great! Now getting the tires to fit is you next problem. 245/35/20 might just squeeze in there. If you are a daring soul, go for it. And tell us if you have any trouble.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Too bad his tire/rim package cost more than the car itself

Sorry, but wire rims on a taurus is just plain ghetto. Add on that they are 20's, makes even more ghetto.

This is just my opinion. I have seen some things on a taurus that I once thought was ghetto, but when done correctly, does look good.

Anyways, good luck with your endever!

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by L0pan@Jan 19 2004, 08:32 AM
Too bad his tire/rim package cost more than the car itself
No s***... those spoke tire/rim packages are expensive. My advice, if you must put some new wheels on your ride, don't go over 17". The first time you bend a $1000 rims you'll regret it. Save your $$$ for more important things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts