Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my degas bottle busted yesturday. Of course since it is winter and stuff I never noticed until the heater stopped blowing heat and I couldn't figure out why. I popped the hood and got out to find coolant all over the place and the reservoir empty. I added 8 litres of coolant before it started comming out of the crack.

So I am off to the wrecker this morning to get a new one and see what other interesting parts I can find.

It would be really nice if they keeped the low coolant sensor after 96. Cause had it been summer I may not have even noticed the coolant was low because the temp gauge never went up.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
My stupid low coolant sensor is a pain in the a**. The sensor is bad so the light is always on. No parts stores around here carry it, and I can't find it at the junkyard. And I don't like doing business with dealerships, so I keep putting it off.

But Pat, if you just need the resevoir with no sensor you should check ebay (after the junkyard, of course). I used to see those all the time for pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Sensor on my 2000 went bad. I unplugged it. VOILA no light.

It will have to be like that till I give in and pay the "dealer only" price of $45.00

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't get it at the wrecker. They told me they are sold before the car even enters the bay. They don't even bother listing it in the computer because they never have them in stock. But I called Ford and they only want 47.00 cdn for it so tommorrow I will pick up a new one.

But I did find a car with rear disc that I might grap parts from.

But the most impressive thing was a 97 Taurus with 394000 KMS. So do the math and that is approx 236000 miles.

It was in pretty good shape too. But it was in a collision. I was gonna find a vin tag on the engine to see if it was original vulcan but I didn't feel like taking the snow off it.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
When I bought my car they had a beige on beige 96 Vulcan sitting near the back that had 430,000 km on it for $500. I asked what was wrong with it, they said the trans was shot but they started the car and the engine idled fine. I dunno if it was the original but it was pretty cool nonetheless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts