1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd say the faux woodgrain is the least of your problems there bud...haha, joking.

Lighly sand the surface, and use a spray paint that adheres well to plastic. Thats what I'd do...

anyone else?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Dec 10 2003, 09:37 PM
Krylon Fusion.
Yeah, fusion is the shiznit. You may not even have to sand it, but I would just in case.

-D

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Go to walmart and buy krylon fusion. this stuff is specifically designed to adhere to wood, vinyl, and other plastics. i used it to pain the interior on my other car and it works wonders.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by JasonBVHS@Dec 18 2003, 11:52 AM
Go to walmart and buy krylon fusion. this stuff is specifically designed to adhere to wood, vinyl, and other plastics. i used it to pain the interior on my other car and it works wonders.
my mom uses it to paint her plastic lawn furniture - so she doesn't have to clean it every year

·
Registered
183 Posts
good god, props for doing what u want, but damn thats some hideous zebra a**

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I guess it depends on the look you are going for, John. What color/effect are you trying to accomplish? The Fusion is kinda neat stuff, but it looks very "plasticky" when it's dried, plus the color range isn't huge.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by WarSong@Dec 10 2003, 04:18 PM

What can I use to paint over the faux wood grain?
Alittle off topic, but how much is the faux animal print fabric and where do you get it from?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Is that really your dash? Or is this just a joke?

I can't tell if you are serious or not. That dash is hidious! If you have a hat and a jacket to match, then I'd keep the dash.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I don't know if I'd go paint, maybe a laminate of brushed aluminum or chrome. I think the painted plastic will just look like painted plastic. Google a search for adhesive metallic laminates, you can get a pretty good size roll of brushed aluminum for about $100.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts