Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend (she was driving) and I were driving down highway 1, doing about 72ish in a 55mph zone, I saw a cop, but it was too late, he turned around and had his lights a-flashin. He strolls up to the car and pulls the whole "I'm a cop, therefore I'm a hardass" routine, asking her why she was in such a hurry, and If her mama would want her pretty little self getting her car messed up, and stupid s*** like that. Anyway, he writes her a $99.50 ticket, and we drove off.

But upon close inspection, the dude got the date completely wrong. I'm not saying he made a funny looking 3 or somthing like that. He actually spelled out the words FEBRUARY 5th, as the date the offense was written up, when it was actually March 5th. Now, since she was NOT *caught* speeding on February 5th, and it is a false statement that she was, wouldnt that make the document void? I just need your guy's advice, because she's really sad about it, she's 16, and it was her first offense, she's on the good grades = low insurance plan, and she's only had her liscnece for like 6 months, and the guy still wrote her a ticket. I've got caught doing much more than that on several occasions, and all I get is warnings.

Anyway, your help would be appreciated. Thanks guys, ya'll rock!

P.S. I'm 17, so I just didnt want you people thinking I was some weirdo 40 year old with a 16 year old girlfriend.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just spoke with my brother who is a police chief in Ohio. He informed me that because the date of the ticket is wrong, the ticket should be voided. You basically just got her off the hook on a technicality. Lucky you!

J

·
0 Posts
Yep, my lawyer told me the same thing last time he took care of a ticket for me.
You lucked out! But you'll still have to go through the procedure of making it "officially void", meaning going to court, blah blah. I'm not sure exactly what you need to do for that though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, thats gonna make her (and her mom's) day!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
But.................. If the Officer, or a good supervisor notices the "mistake".... It can be amended in Open Court prior to the Official Arraignment. That would "void" the "void", if you will.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Yup. super. can make amendment in open court to correct the issue date. Court would look at it as human error, not excuseable stipulation.

Or maybe the officer just won't show.

Either way good luck, and tell her to slow down she doesn't have enough experiance to be driving that fast yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts