Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this morning I got an e-mail from pull a part that they put down an '05 taurus last night, so I was there when they opened. I was excited to see what kind of find this would be, then I saw it. :eek: 2005 Taurus SE with a vulcan and not one piece of sheetmetal was straight. The complete rear and the right front were destroyed. The drivers air bag went off, but not the passenger bag. Everything infront of the motor was destroyed also. All 4 wheels look good, but 3 of the tires are cut open from the crash. What surprised me the most, the complete passenger compartment was fine. The back seat was moved a little, but not enough to hurt someone from that. The front seats wear perfect and looked as though the driver would have been able to survive with no injuries casued by the car. This does say something about the quality of our cars. :notworthy:

[attachment=33229:dead_bull_sm.JPG]

Attachments

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:blink:

Two words: crumple zones! :banana: :chili:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That is what these cars were designed to do, obsorb the impact while protecting the passenger compartment. Probably at least 50-60 mph rear end crash, perhaps after the driver of the Taurus rear ended somebody else in front of them they got hit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ May 22 2010, 05:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806119
That is what these cars were designed to do, obsorb the impact while protecting the passenger compartment. Probably at least 50-60 mph rear end crash, perhaps after the driver of the Taurus rear ended somebody else in front of them they got hit.[/b]
That's definitely more than 50! I got rear ended at 40 (I was stopped) and it wasn't that bad, still bad, but not mangled like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts