Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys may have noticed the"

thAnX4Nothing

as my user title.. well i've been desperately trying to save my AX4N from a fiery forgery death... but everything keeps leading me back to a new one.

Heres the story. (summarized super cool military style.. however.. this isn't accurately timed.. more like.. a story...)

--D-day minus 30.

She's running weird.. shifting in and out of OD... something is wrong... I hope things get better tomorrow.

--D-day minus 25

Shifting is becoming erratic. And Annoying... My radio is starting to cut out and i'm missing my favorite songs. Happens only when braking though...

--D-day minus 24

Ok this is pissing me off. My radio is sporadic now.. I have NO idea whats going on.. hitting it doesn't help.. my RCU is busted? I hope not....though maybe i can get that MACH RCU now...

--D-day minus 23

Ok.. Shes slamming into gears now.. what the hell is up with it.. my radio barely works anymore.. i tested the RCU. no problems.

--D-day minus 15

Ok things are too bad. I decided to drop the pan and replace the fluid... what I found was sickening. And terrifying. My Fluid smells like old UH-60 Hydraulic fluid and my magnet looks like a fuzzy bunny. This is not good. Hopefully the new fluid will help.

--D-day minus 14

Things are much better! The hard shifting is gone... but my radio is still acting up...

--D-day minus 13

What the hell.. hard shifting is back... but i just changed the fluid... its not burned.. and its still clean...

--D-day minus 12

Still driving it... the hard shifting is killing me. I feel like i'm warping halfshafts.

--D-day minus 10

This is getting annoying.. I need her to hold out for a few more days.

--D-day minus 5

I got a jeep.. now I can lay off of the bull until i can figure out whats wrong. She hit 280F in the trans temp gauge today just driving it around town. Something is seriously wrong.

--D-day minus 3

Read that the TRS is bad. But she blew a code for Shift solenoid #3. Probably a compound issue.

--D-day minus 2

Running Seafoam Trans-tune is doing the trick.. the hard shifting is rare. Shes also shifting smoother.

--D-day minus 1

Need the bull tomorrow. Driving it 125 miles in total. Hope she holds up...

--D-day. Mile 75.

The clutches are slipping.. i power her up to pass.. she jumps up to 4k and doesnt increase in speed. Trans Temp Reads normal
Shes done for.

--D-day Mile 100
Looks like a rest did her well.. shes not slipping.. but still having problems..

--D-day mile 125

Hard shifting resumes.. but didnt exhibit the slipping again.... i think this transmission is toast.

Well Today I got an email back from a company called "Monster Transmission"

They build racing transmissions.. and quoted me on a built up AX4N to handle APX 300HP and 300ft-lbs.

~$1300. $750 Core. Includes Round trip shipping for trans and core, 3yr warranty and Torque Converter.

Sweet deal.

Ford for a remanufacutred Trans: $2550 + Labor about $3500

Transmatic Transmission: ~$2550 with labor Rebuild on the current trans to handle 200HP, 190 ft-lbs.

I think I like these guys. B) What do you guys think?

Also.. Anyone else think i should replace the TRS and all the shift solenoids before i buy a new one...? :(

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
wow thats a pretty good deal i know where i am going when /if my tranny goes out and if i can afford it lol
i would definatly say replace the trs

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If your radio was already flaking out....go ahead and replace the TRS.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I'm sorry but this --> "thAnX4Nothing" is hilarious! :rofl2:

Sorry about your trans though, believe me I know all too well. Did that "Monster Transmission" company details thier mods to beef up the trans? 300/300 is great (if true) and that's a fantastic price!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
you sure their not just going to give you a SHO tranny with SLO gearing in it? AFIAK the SHO tranny is good up to 300 HP/300 Tq

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (DMX @ Mar 12 2009, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=708054
I'm sorry but this --> "thAnX4Nothing" is hilarious! :rofl2:

Sorry about your trans though, believe me I know all too well. Did that "Monster Transmission" company details thier mods to beef up the trans? 300/300 is great (if true) and that's a fantastic price![/b]
No, because all I asked for was a price quote.

But when I talk to them to buy I'm going to get the straight up info.

I'm seriously hoping they wont let me down. They seem like they know what their doing, and I'm looking forward to doing business with them.

QUOTE (animex2 @ Mar 12 2009, 09:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=708073
you sure their not just going to give you a SHO tranny with SLO gearing in it? AFIAK the SHO tranny is good up to 300 HP/300 Tq[/b]
If they are. More power too them! Its a damn good price! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts