Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so with all the LED strips under the headlights goin on i figured i would order a couple strips and see what i could with them. i first tried them on my sable but were too short to really look good anywhere so i then tried them on my contour and thought to myself "this car is not worth it" so on the my moms 07 taurus they looked good under the headlights but i found an even better spot for them, the little cross bars in the spot where it looks like fog lights should go you know the one no one ever knows what to with. well i mocked it up with some twist ties and a 9v battery.

anyway i cant install them yet because the car will be headed for texas for a week leaving saturday, but they will get installed along with maybe making some kind of cover for them so you cant see the individual LEDs quite so much when they are turned off, when the car gets back. i will post better pics then oh and they are 24cm long and fit PERFECT in the space.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I've figure out that it's hard to have bright LEDs with out them looking dumb during the day, I had side mounted strips but they were muh duller than the ones I have on my lower valence, they stand out a bit during th day but I'm going for the good looking at night style on this car anyways, I the car was respayed at one point an the paint just looks cheap, but it's too big of a project for me to worry about right now

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking about it more and it reminds me of the fog lights on the taurus

·
Registered
260 Posts
you want BRIGHT LEDs? Go for the Cree P4 LEDs. That's what most manufacturers use for the LED brake lights and I think BMW used them for their DRL, Audi uses LED's in a completely different category so i wouldn't worry about trying to get them that bright LoL.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Not trying to ruin anyones party but I swear someone just did this mod on a G4. It couldn't have been more then a month ago but I know I've seen this by someone on here.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yup, would look like the new Tauruii. Go ahead and do it!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if someone did this exact thing thenidk how i missed it because i watch for new threads like a hawk. anyway it will be done and when the time comes i will post pics.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah it was done, came up in another LED thread. Actually it's been done twice that I've seen I think.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm idk i will look tomorrow maybe im curious now...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your post is very unclear. Are you saying that you are unimpressed with my LED mod due to the use of zipties (actually they are twist ties)? Well like my original post says this was a mock up and the finall product you will not be able to see the mounting and also most likely not be able to see the LEDs when they are off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts