Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my chip installed last night and I am very impressed. I am running the AMS-4035 92 Octane program and it was made a difference in my Vulcan. I can't wait until Lapeer when I can get her on the track. This might be the coolest mod I have ever done to any of my cars. I thought it would be pretty hard to top my cat converter mod for my Festiva but this may have trumped it. :lol2:

Vulcan owners should wake up their engine and get one of these.

A big :thumb: to Alberto. He is first class all the way. :banana: :chili:

·
Registered
28 Posts
cool man thats make me gallus of u cuz i have the mony but again alberto can u please help me get one like him, cuz i am on the other side of the wold.. and by the way good luck to u with ur mode congraglations man :lol2: :p :D ;) B)

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by saurus@Jul 31 2004, 11:17 AM
cool man thats make me gallus of u cuz i have the mony but again alberto can u please help me get one like him, cuz i am on the other side of the wold.. and by the way good luck to u with ur mode congraglations man :lol2: :p :D ;) B)
saurus is your avatar a non-ps'd picture of your car? if so, that is badass :eek: i can't see it all to clearly, though, you got any more pics? :)

G

·
Cool. I plan on getting one too 92 Octane Program as well. "Flip Chip" with an electronic switch. I mean... I dont want to skreach the tires all the time ;) This Friday I should be entering an order for the chip. So keep on the look out Alberto!

SableSal

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The program doesn't chirp my tires all the time but it does make the shift a lot harder. It doesn't bother me at all.

I took her out on a dry freeway today and I was further impressed. 0-60 times are much better with some extra low end torque.

Sal- This mod is all you, as the Nike commercials say "Just Do It!"

G

·
yeah it's next on my list! I am planning on going out to Famoso Raceway and checking my times. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sal

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Aug 2 2004, 06:32 AM
A little FYI for you 120+ people, if you have a duratec 5,000 RPM = 135...
I thought 6500 (red line) was 130ish

I've tried it twice allready and both times my car cuts out 4800 and I'm going about 115 maybe a little bit more. This is of course in 3rd with the o/d off. I have the chip too but can't figure it out. I did a dyno with it and it went to the red line but, at the time i never really cared to look at how fast I was going.

Never had the balls or enough road yet (to where i feel comforable) to leave it in od and see what it can do at the red line.

Did the read trck in Gingerman have a straight away long enough to hit the red line in 4th gear in a chiped (removed all limiters) Duratec??

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I can hit 120 in 3rd, but I probably won't do it unless it's necessary. I put into OD at about 115. I hit the 135 in OD I think all the gauges are legible, if not let me know I'll clarify what each is measureing.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Jul 31 2004, 08:42 AM
I got my chip installed last night and I am very impressed. I am running the AMS-4035 92 Octane program and it was made a difference in my Vulcan. I can't wait until Lapeer when I can get her on the track. This might be the coolest mod I have ever done to any of my cars. I thought it would be pretty hard to top my cat converter mod for my Festiva but this may have trumped it. :lol2:

Vulcan owners should wake up their engine and get one of these.

A big :thumb: to Alberto. He is first class all the way. :banana: :chili:
Glad you like it. BTW, that number is your customer number, all of our programs are custom.

G

·
Originally posted by D Man@Aug 2 2004, 06:36 PM
Did the read trck in Gingerman have a straight away long enough to hit the red line in 4th gear in a chiped (removed all limiters) Duratec??
I don't think so. The longest straight-away at Gingerman was not very long.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Aug 2 2004, 06:02 PM
I can hit 120 in 3rd, but I probably won't do it unless it's necessary. I put into OD at about 115. I hit the 135 in OD I think all the gauges are legible, if not let me know I'll clarify what each is measureing.
Those short term fuel trims look mighty high as well as the timing advance. Can you log a run and post a list? Sort of like this:

http://www.midwestsho.com/images/log.jpg' alt='' width='554' height='618' class='attach' />[/url]

I'd like to see your LTFTs and your 02s. I'd really like to see the 02's.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
woah Mikey look at that 11* spike of KR?! Hey Mikey it is possibly to get KR on an N/A car correct?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus+Aug 5 2004, 12:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mikeys_Taurus @ Aug 5 2004, 12:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kermit@Aug 2 2004, 06:02 PM
I can hit 120 in 3rd, but I probably won't do it unless it's necessary.  I put into OD at about 115.  I hit the 135 in OD I think all the gauges are legible, if not let me know I'll clarify what each is measureing.
Those short term fuel trims look mighty high as well as the timing advance. Can you log a run and post a list? Sort of like this:

http://www.midwestsho.com/images/log.jpg' alt='' width='554' height='618' class='attach' />[/url]

I'd like to see your LTFTs and your 02s. I'd really like to see the 02's. [/b][/quote]
How do those ST's look "mighty high as well?" If you look at them, they are both the same, which means the car was running off the base table, i.e. in open loop.. Those are commanded a/f at WOT or open loop conditions= 1- 0.154 = roughly 0.84 lambda which equals 12.4 a/f...of course his datalogging stuff is probably off a bit, since I am really commanding 12.5-12.6 but...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Aug 5 2004, 12:56 AM
woah Mikey look at that 11* spike of KR?! Hey Mikey it is possibly to get KR on an N/A car correct?
It's a false reading from the LS1M. Notice how timing isn't pulled back.

Alberto, I didn't know it was open loop. That's also why I asked to see his LTFTs.

I wasn't questioning your work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus+Aug 5 2004, 10:45 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mikeys_Taurus @ Aug 5 2004, 10:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SaturdaysVulcan@Aug 5 2004, 12:56 AM
It's a false reading from the LS1M. Notice how timing isn't pulled back.

Alberto, I didn't know it was open loop. That's also why I asked to see his LTFTs.

I wasn't questioning your work. [/b][/quote]
No problem.

You could also tell by the speed, RPM and TP he is at though, in addition to the fact that the Lambse 1 and 2 are the same...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts