Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the only question I has was I wanted to install fog lights beneath the head lights, but have it where I don't need to cut the bumper. I will be using the rectangular ones, but the only question I have is how do I attach it? Are there screws that is stock that is a simple unscrew and then screw the fog lights back in?

I already know, well have an idea how to wire them in, and I might I might do HID fog lights just to give me an extra lighted area.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments would be helpful!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have you already purchased the fog lights? If not you should go with blazers or micro DE fog lights if you want some real fog lights that put out useful light. Those rectangular ones (the ones I think you're talking about are the slight bluish tinted ones from autozone) will not give you much useful light at all.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you already purchased the fog lights? If not you should go with blazers or micro DE fog lights if you want some real fog lights that put out useful light. Those rectangular ones (the ones I think you're talking about are the slight bluish tinted ones from autozone) will not give you much useful light at all.
No I haven't bought any fog lights, the micro DE fog lights reviews have been pretty good light output, but the only question is I didn't want to cute my bumper at all.

·
Registered
260 Posts
When you say cut the bumper, do you mean cutting a circle for the light to fit through? Or do you mean cutting the bumper, period? I ask because the micro DEs would only require a hole be drilled to pass the bolt on the fog light mount to mount it on to the bumper.

EDIT: also here are some output shots of the Blazer projector foglight with some comparison to halogen shots.
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/102-lighting/291418-my-new-hid-projector-fogs.html

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm gonna tell you that proper fog lamps blind everyone if installed too high from the ground and aimed incorrectly. And if what you're saying is correct "HID and "more lighted area" means you're going to be blinding alot of people unless you use projector fogs.

Fog lamps aren't really meant to be a replacement for poor lighting, but really on these cars there isn't much one can do except consider aftermarket lighting. Your best bet is going to be some good projector fogs and driving lights. But you really shouldn't use HID's in a fog housing. They will scatter light.

Where exactly are you cutting?? Directly below the headlamp is impossible. Unless you mean on the lower part of the bumper.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, Ill post pictures when I get home, but I want to install an fog lights between the two long opening on the bumper. I didn't want the middle bar to obstruct the light being projected out onto the road. So when I referred to "cutting" I mean having to remove some of the plastic bar in order to get the full light being projected. If I did just a single hole, I have found both basically directly underneath the light housing which is already pre-drilled.

If I did do HID's for fog lights I would be getting the corrected type of fog lights that were designed for it. And yes the people with the halogen housings and HID's are annoying when they drive behind me.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You can get clear driving/fog lights from your autoparts store. They come with brackets for you to mount onto the bumper. Then get some cheap HID kits from ebay and stick it in the Pilots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts