Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys; I need help with this.

I saw this in front of the front drivers side tire on my '98 Bull. Is this another fuel filter perhaps? Or is this a filter for something else?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Where do the hoses appear to go?

Maybe a additional trans filter was added.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
That filter is for the power steering fluid.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
^^^^^ +1

PS fluid filter. Go price one out @ the Ford dealer.... I seem to remember they want something like $150 for it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
^^^^^ +1

PS fluid filter. Go price one out @ the Ford dealer.... I seem to remember they want something like $150 for it.
:lol2:!!!

Ahhhh yes, the rare titanium-plated, gold-lined genuine Ford steering filters. Using only the finest baby dodo feathers as filter material of course.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey guys; I need help with this.

I saw this in front of the front drivers side tire on my '98 Bull. Is this another fuel filter perhaps? Or is this a filter for something else?

On my 1996 Sable (sold) the filter was an AC Delco filter.
I do not remember what the number was.
I would check it out probably cheaper than the Ford Stealership.

·
Registered
23,577 Posts
Stock is an AC Delco PF-2125. Cheaper to replace it with Magnefine/Raybestos/ ATPJX160 inline atf filter. Perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Here is a better pic of the filter location and the hose to the PS rack from my last Taurus.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
both my 99 cars, wagon and sable, do not have the ps filter.
cars were hertz fleet vehicles 10 months old when I purchased them.

·
Registered
23,577 Posts
Or simply wanted peace of mind filtering protection. If even needed, you could score the hardware (bracket, clamp etc.) @ local pick n pull or just splice the filter in and call it good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sheila, thank you. I have never heard of a PS fluid filter. I also have never changed PS fluid in any vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
23,577 Posts
Easiest method is emptying reservoir with a turkey baster and refilling with mercon v atf. Repeat periodically until fluid remains relatively clean.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts