Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiances 06 Taurus drains the battery after a few days. checked alternator and battery, all test good. Checked for voltage between terminal and cable. Get 12.2 volts with car off, doors closed, key out of ignition. removed each fuse and relay from all fuse boxes. No change at all. If I remove the C2280a connector on the smart battery box under the dash, it goes to zero. Also, if I touch the cable to the terminal and release it, theres a clicking noise in the sjb. When C2280a is unplugged, the noise stops. All fuses have been checked, its not the common fuse 33 or 37. Im thinking ots the sjb because the interior dome light acts weird, it either goes off right away, other times it doesnt go off, sometimes somewhere in between. The remote keyless entry sometimes doesnt work from far away, but may be weak batteries in the remote, have not replaced them yet.
Does this sound like the sjb needs to be replaced? It does have daytime running lights and keyless entry, which the sjb I get needs to be programmed for. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the drivers rear window does not work if that may have anything to do with it. Already have the regulator for it. It is bad. Wondering if theres a problem somewhere that is related to both.

·
Registered
107 Posts
First, I have seen batteries that have tested good that have been bad. How old is the battery?

Did this just start happening all of a sudden? In order to trace down an electrical issue like this you'll need to start at the battery and work your way backwards to each car circuit. This will be time consuming. Have you tried to substitute a known good battery in this batteries place to see how it reacts? Also the cold will put a extra load of the battery. Ruling out the remote keyless entry is easy enough to do, I would start there.

You might want to also look at your cars wiring diagram to see if that helps in tracing it down;

http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts