Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 ford taurus 3.8l ive had it for almost 4 years now and for the past 2-3 months i have had an annoying sound, that sounds like a long squeak comming from the vicinity of the drivers side wheel. Here is when it happens.

1. When im making slow SLIGHT turns , like through a supermarket parking lot.
2. It never happens above 25mph unless im comming off an exit ramp at like 30-35mph.
3. It seems to have gotten louder and lasts longer through the turn where as when it first started it only did it for a second, now it does it all the way throguh the turn.
4. It almost sounds like metal on metal but im not to sure. It sounds like a eeerrr-eerrr. (if thats a sound) lol

No mechanic has mentioned anythign about the noise or forseeing anything beginning ot wear whe nit had its last major repairs 3 months ago when i got it inspected. The repairs that have been done ot it recently are:

1.New Front right axle one year ago
2. New Front left axle 3 months ago
3.New Brakes Front/back. 3 months ago
4. New Rotors. Front/back. 3 months ago
5. New Drivers side rear caliper 3 months ago.
6. New Muffler 3 months ago.

I had alot of work done to it before i got my NY state Inspection 3 months ago. Ive posted on otehr boards but havent gotten a response except for 4 other people saying that they have the same exact problem. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can Anybody offer any help???

How hard is it and what tools do i n eed to replace my own tie rods and bushings?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts