Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good news for all us gen 3 owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the people that brought the gen 4 owners their body kit, Andy's Auto emailed me today sayin that they have a body kit in progress for the gen 3s!!!

To:      <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Ford Taurus body kit
Date:    Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:02:48 +0000

Hello

We will be coming out with something for the 96-99 Ford Taurus' just
give us a little bit of time.  If you have anymore questions email me back.

Jalal M.
Andys Auto Sport
1666 S. Main St. Suite#A
Milpitas, CA 95035
TEL: 800-419-1152 (X:103)
FAX: 408-263-9526
Finally! It has come to pass!
woooooooohoooooooooo!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The price and design will probably be similar to the Gen IV kit that Andy's did. The kit looked a little too ricey for me, but many other people liked it alot. I think the Gen IV kit cost about $700 or so...

JR

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would suggest maybe people to email them and give them some input on what you would like the kit to look like so people dont complain about it as much as the Gen IV kit. Also, I know alot of you Gen III owners want a kit that looks like the rage kit, maybe someone should email them a pic of it asking if the could make it look like that. Or maybe a bunch of people so they know there is a interest in it.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I inquired about the RAGE kit when I emailed them, but what I have quoted in the first post is all I got from them. I think I'll email a pic to them and see what they think. Obviously, if the entire actual RAGE kit is designed, we all would have to move the exhaust under the lisence plate, so I think I'll just give'em a pic of the front. now's the time for everyone to speak up. I would think that since the sideskirts are retro-fit from the gen 4, then those are the same sideskirts that we would get for our gen 3 kit. so with that in mind, let's give it to'em gang!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Please tell me this is not another wet dream gone bad. I'm finally getting a body kit for my "flying saucer". I'm glad you found this information out. I was just about to post a thread wondering if the Gen4 kit would fit the Gen3. :jumpingjoy: :jumpingjoy:
BRING IT ON BABY ..........after I finish saving up my pennies. ;)
Hey Puma,
Did you send them a photo of the LandMark body kit already. I'm getting ready to e-mail them and ask if it looks anything like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey I'm there with the buy and as for design GO WITH THE RAGE DESIGN its the perfect sleeper look and its a head turner.

Who ever is making the contact with them pleas ask about what material is being used to make it...because I bought the Areoform kit and it was made from utherane(sp) and it has warped from the summer heat....

give'em my phone number 1-843-597-3096(h)
1-843-228-2370(w)

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually, i just emailed them a pic of the RAGE concept front end, since more people would probably buy the kit if it had the RAGE look to it. I also asked them what type of kit they were puttin together for the gen 3s. the RAGE kit looks similar to the Contour that's pictured. so, maybe that'll give them a bump towards the RAGE-type kit instead of the kit that they created for the gen 4s. hopefully, i'll get a reply soon. sorry, but I didn't give them any pics of the Landmark body kit since those are more like ground effects instead of an actual kit. we'll let the Japanese have their look and we'll have our own American version.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I feel you on the LandMark deal.That's one of the reasons I took their photos off of my avatar and signature. It's nice, but it's just not agressive enough.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
d sellers1 wrote:
Congrats. I'm just glad that I will have mine first!  Should be here in 3-5 weeks.

Derek
please tell us your the donor car!

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
because we don't have one of their ads on the TCCA website. hey BOB............

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
pumaboyairn,

I took a few minutes and wrote a very professional and hopefully convincing letter to Jalal concerning the styling of the gen3 body kit. I included 3 pictures of the RAGE, all front or side short for the reason that you mentioned about the exhaust issues with the rear, and indicated that many of us would like to see the kit modeled after the pictures since it allows the car to maintain it's "sleeper" qualities and still look sporty w/o looking ricey (didn't use those words of course). We'll see what happens. Hopefully more gen3 owners will email them also suggesting the same thing.

So here's the question i have, do you think the kit they make for gen3 tauri will fit gen3 sables also?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by pumaboyairn@Jun 9 2004, 10:23 AM
because we don't have one of their ads on the TCCA website. hey BOB............
Oh, btw Bob told me last night he would be either away at training or in training for something work related for the next few days incase he doesn't see this and respond right away. You might want to PM him about this just incase.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Good luck with it fellas! I have a freind of mine who was interested in a Rage kit as well! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hightecredneck,
I have already taken it upon myself to PM Bob about the issue, but thanks!

Well, hopefully with all of us TCCA members emailing them with our wishes for the RAGE kit, they'll do something of that nature with the kit they're producing. After emailing them this morning, I still haven't heard anything back from them as far as to what type of kit they will/are fabricate/fabricating.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I wonder if they would have a roll out ceremony for it like they do cars and airplanes? :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This is awesome! :banana: :chili: If they actually come out with a kit that looks similar to the rage..... IM THERE! :D I have to replace the front and rear bumpers so this should be a nice replacement. :D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts