Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I came back to work with lunch and parked the car. When i opened the door, the wind caught it really fast and slammed it hard up against the next car (a nice focus). Upon closing the door I notice a decent amount a large mark and transfer... I moved the car and was going to not say anything, but knew that was not the right thing to do. So, they found the owner of the car in the store and I gave him my info. I sure hope its not gonna cost a lot. :(

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
That's really cool that you did that. :thumb:
I'm sure you'd appreciate it if it was reversed.
It was an accident. :)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Kudos for doing the right thing :thumb:

I have never hit anything or been hit while driving...but my car has been the victim of no less than 4 hit and runs that left real damage in parking lots :angryfire:

1. 20-inch crack in the bumper from someone hitting it in a parking lot at college
2. License plate bolt imprints and gouges in the rear bumper from someone bumper-car parallel parking
3. Large scuff (and a heat shield rattle I fixed after) from someone in a Cutlass Ciera pulling out from street parking behind me - my car won and got a bunch of their bumper on my exhaust tip. I actually watched it happen - they burned rubber out of there when they saw me running over.
4. About a 4-foot series of scrapes and a crinkled fender down the right side of the car from the top of the fender arch to the back of the passenger's door from someone who apparently didn't know where the front of their rubber-bumpered SUV was...and left.

I understand that door dings and parking lot bumps and accidents happen, but stuff like that pisses me off. I HATE people who trash other peoples cars and leave - I hope I catch one of these people when it happens again so I can actually get their info...as far as I'm concerned, people who run without leaving info shouldn't have licenses because they're not mature and responsible enough to be driving a car.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I got bumped one time in traffic but there was no wash I could stop the person and i wasn't going to chase them down. There was no damage so eh can't complain too much.

A couple weeks after I put a door on my car it got hit in the parking lot here at college :(

Someone drove into the bumper on my car with a low car

The passenger door is scuffed from something here

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I keep a can of spray paint in the car now.. every week someone hits the thing at work...got used to it after the first month of owning it...and tonight add a car full of rocks as some dufus street racing went on wrong side of road and showered car with rocks when cutting me off trying to cut off other party that was racing (not me i hate idjits like that)... now the hood needs apaint job and the windshield is all chipped up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts