Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im very new to car audio wiring and i was wondering. Could i put the speaker out wires (disconnecting my the speakers) in the rear deck directly into my input on the 4 channel amp, then wire the 2 speakers in the rear deck and two subs two the amp?

this might be an incredibly stupid question, but really im not sure at all what im doing

·
Registered
200 Posts
im very new to car audio wiring and i was wondering. Could i put the speaker out wires (disconnecting my the speakers) in the rear deck directly into my input on the 4 channel amp, then wire the 2 speakers in the rear deck and two subs two the amp?

this might be an incredibly stupid question, but really im not sure at all what im doing
[/b]
yes

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you have a LOC (Line output connector), then you take the speaker output and connect it to the LOC, and then use the RCA cable output on the LOC to the amp. It is alot simpler than it sounds, but if you get the SCOSCHE LOC at Wal-Mart, it has the instructions inside the packaging than explains it better.

Edit: you could technically use the high level input on the amp with the wires directly into the high level input, but you would have distortion. Also, i would advise getting a 2 channel amp for the rear speakers and get a mono amplifier for the subs. It would also be a good idea to get after market speakers as the stock speakers cannot handle much power. Hope this helps, Jordan

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a LOC (Line output connector), then you take the speaker output and connect it to the LOC, and then use the RCA cable output on the LOC to the amp. It is alot simpler than it sounds, but if you get the SCOSCHE LOC at Wal-Mart, it has the instructions inside the packaging than explains it better.

Edit: you could technically use the high level input on the amp with the wires directly into the high level input, but you would have distortion. Also, i would advise getting a 2 channel amp for the rear speakers and get a mono amplifier for the subs. It would also be a good idea to get after market speakers as the stock speakers cannot handle much power. Hope this helps, Jordan
[/b]
ya i have aftermarket speakers, thanks tho im pretty new, ur knowledge is very helpful :thumb:

tcca is great thanks all

·
Registered
167 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
ya i have aftermarket speakers, thanks tho im pretty new, ur knowledge is very helpful :thumb:

tcca is great thanks all [/b][/quote]
No problem man, anything I can do to help a fellow car audio enthusiast!

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is how you hook up the LOC and what it should look like (minus the extra wires)

Some of the wires are for neon, some are for other things, and some are the old wires that were used for the strobes when it was an unmarked car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts