Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this amp laying around on my workbench for a couple years...I've decided it's time to figure out what to do with it. I got it for free, used (obviously), but I know that it worked in the last car it was in.

It's labeled "Denon Professional Audio Brand, Mos Fet Power Amplifier DCA-400" on the top. The back is labeled "Denon DCA-400" and gives serial number "2065206462."

So, for all you audio gurus out there, what exactly do I have? Most of what I've found on Google is either in languages I can't read, or are broken links. From what I have found, I have gathered it was last made in 1999 and I think it's rated at 2x50 watts, or 100 watts mono at 4 ohms.

It would be great if I could get something like a spec sheet or a manual for it. Any details anybody can provide would be great...I'm curious if this thing is any good. I've never seen any Denon car stuff other than this, only home equipment...but then again I'm no audio expert at all :lol2:

Thanks guys :)

Here are a few pics...one of each side:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I found too. Seems like info is a little hard to come by. :(

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well under the google search there was a manual for the amp....problem was is you had to pay for it...
[/b]
Yeah, I saw that one...I'd rather put that money towards something else, since it's a free amp and all :lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
If you ask me, free or not, doesn't seem worth putting in a car.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's kinda what I was thinking...also why it was sitting on my workbench for a few years and not in my car :lol2: I'll probably continue using it as a large paperweight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts