Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommend to push 800 Watts at 3 ohms, preferably with something like a remote so that I can turn down just the subs independently. Thanks.

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like Alpine even though its expensive. Now these are models available in Australia, so you might have newer/different alpine gear. But it gives u an idea.

Something close would be the MRD-M1000
1800W MAX Power
• 1000W x 1 (2ohm 14.4V)
• V12 AccuClass-D™ Design
• New Gain Factor (patent pending)
• Digital Control Center with LED Display
• Bass Engine® DSP:
- Parametric EQ
- Crossover
- Time Correction
- Subsonic Filter
- Phase Control
- Bass Compensator
• Buffered PreOut
• Remote Bass Knob or Remote Amplifier Control Center (RACC) ready
• STAR Topology
• 8.5 Volt Input Capability
• Extra-Large Gold-Plated Power and Speaker Insert Terminals
• Top-Mounted Controls
• Control Panel Cover
• Blue Power Indicator
• Integrated Wire and Mounting Screw Covers
• Variable Turn-on Delay
• Output Disable[/b]
And hook that to a compatible head unit that can control it (i think you can get them) or this RUX-4280 Remote Control Centre
This optional Control Centre makes it possible to control and link one or more (up to eight) mono block amplifiers and control them from one unit. It lets you name each amplifier and make specific adjustments. You also have complete control over all amp functions, and the large bright display shows you the amp data including temperature, amperage and voltage monitoring. This is the ideal way to setup an eight amplifier, eight subwoofer system for sound competitions or just to enjoy earth shaking bass sound.[/b]
Julian

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
What exactly are you running to end up with a final impedance of three ohms? A rockford 1000bd will run anywhere from 600-900 probably at three ohms.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I am guessing he is running 6 2ohm subs?
Anyways, regardless. I have beenextremelyy pleased with Alpine myself. These are some of the most durable amps on the market. I have been running mine for coming up to 8 years now. I bought it when I first set up my system a month after I bought my 1996 Grand Am GT. So far it is on its third car.
One nice feature of these amps are that it has a variable input voltage.

As far as remote control. I have found it simpler, and far superior to just go with an Epicenter from Audio Control. Amps that have a remote wire tend to be on the expensive side, so instead I found it cheaper to just buy an Epicenter. It is basically a processor that maximizes bass output by reading the music ahead and predicting and sometimes making-up bass as it goes. You would think this would sound funny, but it sounds totally natural. So many people get intimidated by sound processorss, but in allrealityy, it is easier than hooking up an amp. Do a little research on audio control, what they can do is almost endless when it comes to producing sound.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
JBL P1200.1 I have to run 3 ohms as well, and at 3 ohms, this amp will push 900w rms, 1800 max. Shouldnt run you a huge amount of money, but i certainly aint cheap either.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
LOL no its a dual 6 ohm vc audiobahn sub...

You can get the JBL 1200.1 at around $220 on ebay.

If budget wasn't an issue I'd go with the Phoenix Gold Tantrum T1200.1, it's an insane amp...expect 1500w rms anywhere from 2-4 ohms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts