Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...so I was installed an amp this weekend and I can't get it to turn on.

Let me start by saying I have had all the stereo equipment I am installing for many years and have installed it in several different cars. I actually took it all out of a car I am getting rid of a couple of days ago and it worked fine then.

But here's the problem I'm having. The amp won't turn on. It turned on for about 3-4 minutes yesterday but then cut out so I thought it might be a loose connection somewhere. I checked, double-checked, and triple-checked that the wires were all secure at the amp. I tried moving the ground around and it makes no difference.

Here's where I'm confused. When I disconnect the power from the amp and test the wire with a multi-meter, it's fine. But when I connect it to the amp and test it, I get nothing.

I don't know what else to check....any ideas?? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright....nevermind. I just tried using a different wire from my battery to the amp and it worked perfectly. I guess the original power wire I ran is no good. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alright....nevermind. I just tried using a different wire from my battery to the amp and it worked perfectly. I guess the original power wire I ran is no good. Thanks anyway.
[/b]

FUSED??

Loose any other elect functions in the vehicle?

I got confused once (I actuallly tend to stay that way) reconnecting power to the cigar lighter in my volvo. Schematics said orange wire. the orange wire that I used was actually the return for a time delay courtesy light. Plugged my cell phone charger into the cigar lighter, came on for about 15 seconds and then would start dimming out........

Damn, I be dumb sometimes......

·
Registered
200 Posts
[/b]
i just use new cables when i switch cars...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts