Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an amp and base speakers in my 2000 taurus and i have a scorscee kit from my mazda 626. Where can i tape into the constant power (what color and position) for my amp and how do i tape into the speakers (rear) as in what color and are the cart speakers input or output. Also i have a 95 mitsubishi montero and need the code for the radio. thanks yall, Anthony

·
Registered
90 Posts
best bet for costant power is your battery and through the firewall the wire goes... the speakes umm mine are like black and sumthin and brown and green, the b&g is the hot if i remember, but if your ampin the back channels, just put some femal ends on two pieces of wire, wire up the amp and everything, then turn your deck on and plug them onto the speaker, and then switch'm which ever one sounds the best is the right one......sorry...got a 92 its little older or i'd know..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Mach Audio System, so some of this may not all help you.

I ran a large gauge wire, from my battery, thru the firewall on the passenger side, to the left of your ECU. Run the wire down under along all the trim panels to the drunk. I mounted my amp on the drivers side on the plate for the electric antenna (that Ford never optioned on the Gen4 :angry: )......Although they did leave the electric antenna connector (mach audio) which is good. There is a switched 12 volt connection for the radio that can be used as a remote turn on for the amp. Although a can't remember the color codes now :unsure: . Hook up a volt meter to each connector one at a time and have someone turn the radio on and off. If your using an aftermarket head unit, run the remote line from the radio with the amp wire. Also, connect a real good metal to metal ground somewhere in the area of the amp as well.

About tapping for a signal from your speakers, use the + from one back speaker and the - from the other. This way balance will be maintained if you every use the "balance" feature in your radio "left" to "right"(although i never do and dont really know who does).

My amp had a speaker level in connector so I ran the wires from the speakers right into the amp. If the amp doen't have speaker level in, then you will need to by a speaker level to line level converter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts