Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

American Morotsports... Im still a little skeptical, but am willing to try you guys out. I want my vehicle with smooth shifts and at the same time more torque and hp. I use 89 Octane all the time. All my modifications are in my garage. Get back to me and lets see what you can do.

SABLESAL

·
Registered
437 Posts
It is American MotorSport, no "s" at the end. Don't want to be confused with another company.

Hey, we posted dyno results...the gains are there. Nonetheless, we do offer a 10-day money-back satisfaction guarantee, so feel free to give us a try.

Note: although you will gan power with 89 octane, yuou will not gain as much as if we made the chip for premium.

You can check our prices and products on our site.

Do you want "smooth" shifts, or firm, faster, and crisper "performance feel" shifts like most of you have been asking for?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Excellent. Just download the custom program sheet from our site and send it as an e-mail attachment to [email protected] We'll take care of you.

The program sheet can be found as a hyperlink in the Custom Tuning section of our products page.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alberto, One last question... What about the RPM Rev Limiter. Would you be able to bypass that? Or is that with the Transmission. I would like to be able to Rev my car more then 3500RPM...lol

SABLESAL

·
Registered
437 Posts
You mean the neutral rev limiter? Because the WOT rev limiter is set a lot higher than that. The neutral one shoud be set aournd 4k, if I remember correctly. We can change them all, but in your car, bumping the WOT rev llmiter will not yield any additional power (theee is no power power to be had up there in that vehicle, as per pur testing), so in that particular application, we usually leave it alone. We do raise the neutral rev limiter to match the other limiters.

If you insist, we can eliminate them altogether, but I strongly advise against that.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Alberto,

I don't know if this is a problem with other duratec owners, but I do notive on my car even whith your programming, the car would still shift to 4th while in OD @ 100 MPH even at WOT. There is alot more to 3rd gear and I would reccomending tuning so you can keep it in third till around 115 or so. This gives you more of the 3rd gear power band and it places you closer to the powerband of four (not that fourth has much of a "power band" anyway. I get around this now by leaving the car in drive untill about 5000 -5500 RPM in third before shifting to OD, but it would be nice if it stayed in 3rd @ WOT on its own. FYI 100 MPH was only ~ 3500 - 4000 RPM in third.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Jun 10 2004, 03:53 PM
Alberto,

I don't know if this is a problem with other duratec owners, but I do notive on my car even whith your programming, the car would still shift to 4th while in OD @ 100 MPH even at WOT. There is alot more to 3rd gear and I would reccomending tuning so you can keep it in third till around 115 or so. This gives you more of the 3rd gear power band and it places you closer to the powerband of four (not that fourth has much of a "power band" anyway. I get around this now by leaving the car in drive untill about 5000 -5500 RPM in third before shifting to OD, but it would be nice if it stayed in 3rd @ WOT on its own. FYI 100 MPH was only ~ 3500 - 4000 RPM in third.

-Dan
I've had my PCM reprogramed by Alberto and i have noticed this also. Guess i will follow your lead and just leave it out of O/D then. But you are right it would be nice if it could do the same without us having to do it manually.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Jun 10 2004, 03:53 PM
Alberto,

-Dan
I can do that, but I usually people prefer to just have the option of leaving o/d off so they can manually shift into o/d.

This is not a rev limiter as he said though, just a shift point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Alberto,

I want a chip with More HP. As much as I can get. But at the same time, I want to be able to flip it to remain stock. Sorta lik a Electronic Nitrous Button...lol Using 91 Octane is no problem. Also I want more torque and firm shifts. I have the CAI and Dual Flowmasters. Work with me here, and you'll make a sale.

Gimme a good Price

SableSal

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 16 2004, 03:00 AM
Hey Alberto,

I want a chip with More HP. As much as I can get. But at the same time, I want to be able to flip it to remain stock. Sorta lik a Electronic Nitrous Button...lol Using 91 Octane is no problem. Also I want more torque and firm shifts. I have the CAI and Dual Flowmasters. Work with me here, and you'll make a sale.

Gimme a good Price

SableSal
Can do on returninng to stock on a switch. Send me an e-mail...

As far as power, you will get as much as there is to gain (we optimize it to the point where any more would result in a loss) The amount of power is particular to each car. If yours is a 4v, expect similar gains as Dman.

However, althought you will pick up LOTS of torque everywhere (Dman saw 26ft/lbs) you will not pick up 16hp at the peak (but you will down low = more important). If Diablo can get 16hp at the peak, I want to see it...I have dyno charts for our gains (you have seen them posted) and we have worked on many of these and dataloged, so we have enough data to optimize...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I recieved it. Thank you. Im going to have to save up for it. So I'll let you know as soon as I get the cash for it. Damn speeding ticket messing up my progress.

SableSal

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 19 2004, 03:19 AM
Yeah I recieved it. Thank you. Im going to have to save up for it. So I'll let you know as soon as I get the cash for it. Damn speeding ticket messing up my progress.

SableSal
Hehe. Speeding ticket.... just wait till you have no limiter.

"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
"Why, no, officer, my speedo only goes to 120."

-Dan

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by dant98+Jul 19 2004, 10:11 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dant98 @ Jul 19 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Jul 19 2004, 03:19 AM

SableSal
Hehe. Speeding ticket.... just wait till you have no limiter.

"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
"Why, no, officer, my speedo only goes to 120."

-Dan [/b][/quote]
LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah the best one was when (not knowing is was my friend's brother) pulls me over about a mile from where he clocked me at 72 in a 45. Tell me, "You know, I woulda pulled you over sooner...but I had to catch up to you." I was like.... damn, that mean CHA CHING for my city of Fresno! NOOOO LOL $200 Later, I was ok.

SableSal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts