Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have issues with the outside temp sensor showing the reading from the previous time the car was shut off? It takes many minutes to incrementally climb up but isn?t even hitting the outside temp. (10f below ambient even after being running a half hour). The max AC started not getting all the way cold the same time the outside temp decided to stop cooperating. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
Sensor filthy / covered with debris, etc? Connector to temp sensor dirty / corroded? EATC uses outside temp info input to determine heat / AC air flow and temperature.

Reactions: kekaye56

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wash the car practically daily but it?s possible the sensor has debris. Can you help me locate the sensor? What is EATC? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed my 2015 does the same thing. The A/C not blowing cold is why it caught my attention. My car goes through the car wash every few days and is garage kept. I'd like to know where the sensor is also.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Can you help me locate the sensor? What is EATC?

Sensor is behind the front bumper cover. Positioned atop the bumper itself. Just to the right of center. Circled in red in my pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine does the same. A little research and I discovered this is typical as there is a delay before the sensor begins to read based on time and speed. No idea why this is.

It's usually only an issue in the fall when it can be 40s in the AM requiring heat, and 80s by midday needing AC. I get around it by manually setting the heat or ac prior to leaving the car.

Edit: the delay is intentional

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18051#p111418

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine does the same. A little research and I discovered this is typical as there is a delay before the sensor begins to read based on time and speed. No idea why this is.

It's usually only an issue in the fall when it can be 40s in the AM requiring heat, and 80s by midday needing AC. I get around it by manually setting the heat or ac prior to leaving the car.

Edit: the delay is intentional

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18051#p111418

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link. Exact same issues I'm having. Oh well. I guess we have to live with it...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Smitty79 - On the 10-degree variance: There must be a re-calibration procedure for the sensor or the entire climate system. Another thread here had someone disconnect the battery for 10-30 minutes to reset the climate but I don't recall if that was 2013 or what. Thus, I don't know if that is how it is officially done, but someone should hopefully be along with that shortly.

In the linked thread it mentioned some folks correlating the slow senor to using remote start. Perhaps instead of press brake and start button, shut the whole car down for 30-seconds, then re-start manually before leaving. See if that bypasses the possible slow to respond computer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts