Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Taurus Limited AWD and it seems to be a great car so far. I only have about 2400 miles on it and am still getting accustomed to it. I noticed last night that my ambient lighting stayed on and illuminated my floorboards and the doors where the window controls etc. are located. I believe the rear floor was also illuminated. Is is supposed to do this, or have I hit the wrong button or something?

·
Super Moderator
8,123 Posts
I suggest you post your question in the Gen 5/6 forums. This forum is for the Gen 1 thru 4 (86 to 07) Taurus, which have nothing in common with the Gen 5/6 other than the name Taurus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When the doors are open it's a bright blue color. If the doors are closed, it stays on whenever the headlights or parking lights are on, if you have it enabled. Touch settings on your stereo screen, and then go into general settings. In there touch on ambient lighting, and you can enable or disable it, as well as change the colors or brightness. There are several colors you can choose from, but whenever the doors are open I think it's bright blue regardless.

There are lights on each front door handle and map pocket as well as the front foot wells. Each cupholder compartment also has one, as well as the center console. There are two as well under the back of the center console that light the rear area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts