Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 6 Buell 1125R in the AMA Daytona 200. From looking at the pratice lap times we might stand a chance to beat the jap bikes or atleast be in the top 10.
For those that don't know Buell is owned by harley and is the only massproduced US sports bike company. The XB and Blast models used modified Harley sportster engines. But the 1125R (and CR) have a totaly different engine. It is dohc liquid cooled v twin with a tq curve to put electric motors to shame.

The race should be interesting because of the big differences in motor tq curves. the jap bikes are all 4 cyclinder with a very peaky power band. The buells will be like a rocket comming off of the slower infield turns thanks to the lowend tq.
The differences between the raceing buells and production is the ecu maps, exhaust, farings and tires.

The race is starting at 8:30 est and is on speed channel.

Watch it and cheer for an American made motorcycle. :usa: :salute:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rotex engine is a beast and Harley should have funded the project years ago instead of the vrod engine. But with the delay and the quick development of the 12rr engine let Buell tweak the chassis under the radar.
I would love to see the RR engine go into production, i was hoping it would replace the current Thunderstorm (sportster based) engine. Then again HD messes with Buell to much to let them go wild.

I am trying to hold out to replace my blast in hopes that the dual sport/ enduro bike will be produced. Picture HD sales men trying to figure out how to sell leather and crome to the dirt guys. :headscratch: :05:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:sing: One of these things is not like the other one of these things does not belong :sing:

AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Daytona SportBike Presented by AMSOIL
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, Florida
March 5, 2009
Provisional SuperPole Results (3.51-mile course, all on Dunlop tires):

1. Ben Bostrom (Yam YZF-R6), 1:50.240
2. Danny Eslick (Buell 1125R), 1:50.352
3. Jason DiSalvo (Suz GSX-R600), 1:50.363
4. Jamie Hacking (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:50.466
5. Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R6), 1:50.520
6. Martin Cardenas (Suz GSX-R600), 1:50.520