Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wiring a dash camera into the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box. My goal is to have the camera turn on with the car, and turn off when the car turns off, however it seems that all of the fuses I have found are live all the time. Are there any fuses in that fuse box that only get power when the car is turned on instead of being hot all the time? Thanks!

Vehicle: 2015 Ford Taurus SEL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run mine off the USB ports. They power off about minute after the car shuts off.
I plugged into the usb ports and it showed a message on my SYNC display regarding an unrecognized device that had to be explicitly acknowledged. I might try using a USB cable that only has the power pins and no data pins to avoid that message because it would be annoying to have to "okay" it every-time.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
418 Posts
I plugged into the usb ports and it showed a message on my SYNC display regarding an unrecognized device that had to be explicitly acknowledged. I might try using a USB cable that only has the power pins and no data pins to avoid that message because it would be annoying to have to "okay" it every-time.
Mine never did that with the camera, but it did do it when charging the phone. Some Sync upgrade along the way fixed it. If you've never upgraded, you may want to give it a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am wiring a dash camera into the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box. My goal is to have the camera turn on with the car, and turn off when the car turns off, however it seems that all of the fuses I have found are live all the time. Are there any fuses in that fuse box that only get power when the car is turned on instead of being hot all the time? Thanks!

Vehicle: 2015 Ford Taurus SEL
isnt the wire to the raido uses a xcessary ,, the raido turns off and on with the key ,, i put a camera in my back window ,, may sound stupid but i wired mine to my amp in my trunk it turns off and on with the key

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
isnt the wire to the raido uses a xcessary ,, the raido turns off and on with the key ,, i put a camera in my back window ,, may sound stupid but i wired mine to my amp in my trunk it turns off and on with the key
Good idea, plus many models have the power connectors without the optional audio amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts