Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Seller: Bryan C. King
Email: [email protected]

CUP STYLE Aluminum Sub frame Bushings for 1989-1999 Ford Taurus SHO

We proudly offer you these CNC Precision Machined solid aluminum cup style sub frame bushings to replace your old, worn-out factory rubber ones. These solid aluminum bushings improve steering turn-in dramatically over rubber, without the problems associated with Delrin or other materials. These bushings will very likely be the last bushings you'll have to buy for your engine sub frame. Imagine turning the wheel & having the car respond instantly, as it should, without the side-to-side movement that rubber bushings allow, even when new (never mind those half-rotted away, 10 year old ones).

This CUP STYLE bushing design provides a distinctly flatter, solid & more stable mounting structure than the ring style aluminum bushings. This is the first time this new design that has a gap included in the bushing to make up for the thickness of the sub frame, has been offered for sale to the Taurus / SHO community. Don't be misled by other designs' phantom claims - these are the real deal, high quality, proper design & fitment without their random-sized gaps under the unibody.

Specific front & rear bushings help eliminate unibody pull-down & gaps over the ring style bushings. Email me for pictures to show you what the ring style bushing does to the unibody of your car. Without measuring & custom machining unique bushings for your exact vehicle, this bushing set is probably the closest thing to a perfect fit you're going to find out there today!

We made these bushings to offer a superior product at a more reasonable price. These are designed to fit the 1989-1995 V6 Ford Taurus SHO, and the 1996-1999 Ford Taurus SHO. These may fit other year Taurus designs, but have not been specifically tested for proper fitment yet.

Don't wait any longer for improved steering response without design concerns - the price is right, the time is now! You know you want them, you know your car's better off with them. As of todays date I have sold over 50 sets of these bushings with no problems.

Disclaimer: As a reminder, all performance products are used & installed at your own risk. These are designed to be used for off-road / competition use, and as such are not tested by the NTSB or other vehicle safety organization. Liability is limited to the vehicle owner / operator when this product is installed on your vehicle.

Any questions please feel free to call 508-989-0367 or email @ [email protected]

A set of bushings includes all four bushings for your sub frame, 2 Front and 2 Rear. They are clearly stamped with an F for front or an R for rear.

Bushings are $75.00 for a set + shipping to your door. For local people interested, or for customers of Fred Hurder, Kirk Doucette, Bob Gervias or Myself the cost of the bushings will be $65.00 if you have a service performed at any of the above shops. For mail orders, most orders go out FedEx ground. Email me with your zip code for a shipping quote.

Bryan C. King
King Automotive & Detailing
270 Pearl St. Ext.
Attleboro, MA 02703

Personal check orders will be shipped as soon as the check clears from the bank. All orders that are shipped will receive a tracking number from FedEx.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Just an FYI. I installed (with sableriders help) these bushings on my Gen IV with no problems. The subframe needed a light sanding as the tolerances are tight, but they fit and work great!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I installed mine in my 91 SHO this past weekend, and they perform great! Not to mention the thought that went into making these correctly, marked front and rear bushings, subframe thickness accounted for, etc. Very nice product. If it were Ebay, I'd give Bryan an A+.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Apr 13 2004, 09:02 PM
I installed mine in my 91 SHO this past weekend, and they perform great! Not to mention the thought that went into making these correctly, marked front and rear bushings, subframe thickness accounted for, etc. Very nice product. If it were Ebay, I'd give Bryan an A+.
I bought the ring style last summer now you made them obsolete. Thanks alot guys.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I've seen some on ebay.... mine are shot on my Duratec....what all do you have to do to put these in?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
This is for a Gen IV probably the same for Gen III. I had to lower the front subframe enough to get the nuts off of the top bushing (10mm) 4 per bushing. Then pulled them out, and replace with the Aluminum ones, then I left the fronts about 10 turns loose, then I lowered the back enough to get the rear ones out (they just pull out) and then tightened them all up, and that's it! Very easy, I removed the plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper to get to the front ones though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Patrick Norris+Apr 13 2004, 10:31 PM-->QUOTE (Patrick Norris @ Apr 13 2004, 10:31 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais
@Apr 13 2004, 09:02 PM
I installed mine in my 91 SHO this past weekend, and they perform great!  Not to mention the thought that went into making these correctly, marked front and rear bushings, subframe thickness accounted for, etc.  Very nice product.  If it were Ebay, I'd give Bryan an A+.
I bought the ring style last summer now you made them obsolete. Thanks alot guys.
[/b]
Actually the ring style have been proven to be unsafe. I've been working on solutions to that though, since the original vendor (Asshammer Bruce) refused to do anything about it. I've had some plastic washers made up which take up the space left when using the ring style bushings. I'll be posting more info as they're tested, etc.

Pat, if you haven't installed the ring style yet, don't, either buy these or wait until I know more about the washers.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
hey bob, have you ever seen/taken pictures/have need to see the inside of the frame where the screw comes through the frame for the bushing?

The reason i ask is cause i removed the front bumper and have a perfect shot of it with the camera. If you have any need for a pic, lemme know

Brad

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
how many of these do you have? Are they a one-time machining, or will they be offered for a long time? I think mine are worn out, but I want to have them checked before I buy new ones. As soon as I have my car running again, I might be in the market for a set.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have plenty available. Right now I have 3 sets left on hand, another order is pending at the machine shop and will be ready by the end of the week. So far I have sold over 60 sets of this style.

Brad I would like to see the pictures you got. You could also send some pics to Asshammer Bruce,
lol..........

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Pictures always help Brad. I had taken some of the 95 that I put these bushings in, showing the bent unibody mounting points, and also the water that the rear bushings held in. I have the disk at home, and for some reason it can't be read. Not sure if it's the drive on my machine, the camera screwing up, or the disk that's messed up. I'll have to take it to work and see if I can read it there.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'll be in on a set as soon as I get the $$$. Probably begining of next month.
It's nice to see I'm gonna get my cars' suspension even TIGHTER

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
when you lower the front subframe (which is attached to that nut pictured above there are 4 nuts holding the upper bushing to the subframe that need to be removed also (10mm). The nut above just slides around but you dont' need to hold it to loosen the main bolts to lower the subframe.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Oh I had a wonderful *twitch* time with the nut inside the frame not too long ago...... The tabs holding the nut in place somehow lifted up and would no longer hold. I attempted to gain access thru the front but because of the 8 spot welds I couldn't. I didn't want to remove the welds either. So I ended up welding the nut to the frame with a wire feed welder. So far it's held up pretty well, however, I think the bushing is worn out because it still has play in it even after tightening the nut to spec. Does anyone have a pic of the OEM subframe bushing? Is it also a 2 pc like the aluminum one? I would install a set of those but I just had my alignment done and I don't want to throw it off by misaligning the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I went digging through the trash for some answers for ya. I just threw my bushings away they were TORE UP! The front is a 1 piece deal, and the rear is like the Aluminum ones 2 piece. Hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts