Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an 86 taurus GL that the altenator recently went out on. She does not have the money to buy a new one and I used to have a 92 taurus GL( that I loved dearly till I wrapped it around a tree on christmas eve). So I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I could use the alternator from my 92 in her 86. I realize that is a large year gape....and I do believe that the only way it would work is if the alternator was the same model. Which the problem is my ex fiance (a**hole) has the 92 now...and he will be a jerk about it. So I would like to get some friendly advice as to whether there is a possibility that it might work...to save me the trouble of confronting him. ASAP would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Moving thread to Maintenance & Repair :)

I am pretty sure it is not the same alternator, but I am sure others can chime in and tell you for sure. You can try calling an auto parts store and they can tell you if it is the same or not as well :)

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Autozone sells those alternators for $62-$80. She doesn't have the money for that? I suppose there's also junk yards and places like car-parts.com where you can search for used parts.

I suppose if it stays parked for a couple of weeks, the gas money should be enough for the part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts