Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Ford Taurus 3.0 Vulcan Engine. I need an alternator, but no one can tell me whaich one I have. How do I identify it?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Please post in the appropriate section. This section is for introducing yourself and getting to know you.

The alternator is on the passenger side. Look for the top-most pulley and it will also have a wire plugging into it. That's the alternator.

MOTORCRAFT Part # GLV8453RM

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I am going out on a limb here. I am going to say that the OP is asking if they hav a High AMP Alternator or not.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (thesavo @ Jul 9 2009, 08:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738192
I am going out on a limb here. I am going to say that the OP is asking if they hav a High AMP Alternator or not.[/b]
I would assume that's the question...there were two different alternators installed on the Vulcan from the factory, either 110 or 130 amps. I *think* if you have a Vulcan/AX4N combo, you have the more powerful one, but I'm not completely positive about that correlation. Some aftermarket rebuilds are 105 amps, and IIRC my NAPA alternator is rated at something like 136 amps.

Mine had a 110 from the factory, and I installed a higher output one. They're interchangeable - if you don't have huge amounts of added electronics, you're fine with either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts