Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one check & give me the correct answer.

I need to change the alternator on my 1996 Taurus GL (3.0 vulcan, OHV, VIN:U - everything stock)

Now I am getting alternators for 110 amps, 115 amps & 130 amps all for the same car.

I do not know what is currently in mine. Anyways, Will causing the 130 amp alternator cause ANY issues.
a guy in ebay is selling this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

and I am getting it from him. New one at ford dealer is 209 + tax and that is a 115 amp one. New one at carquest is 209 + tax & that is a 130 amps

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went to O'reilly and bought the 130 amp rebuild for my 99 SE OHV. I paid $140.00 and gave them my old one. Hope that is what you were wanting to know.
:evil:

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
130 Amp shouldnt cause any issues...is it an OEM ford part? If it is, I Dont see why Ford would make an incompatable part,

15 bucks from my salvage yard w/ a 30 day warranty B)

If only they had Duratecs...I would stock up...or install like 5 of them so I can be like...yeah biatch...my alternators make more power than yer honda :blink: ...sorry 12 hours at a nursing home will yeah...u get the idea

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the ebay dosent look like its OEM. I called fod parts store, they have only the 115 amps for the vulcan. the 130 amps is for the duratec

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I'll try my junk yard first if they offer 30 day warranty.

One more q. mine is a 1996 GL, can I go look for an alternator from a LATE gen3 (I mean 99 SE - (SE is the one that comes with a Vulcan right?). SO will a 99 SE vulcan alternator be fully compatible with a 96 Vulcan alternator

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I'll check on autozone for you to see if the part number is the same..

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
The part numbers look the same between 96 and 99 as long as there vulcans :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts