Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any GOOD looking alternative headlights for an Gen II? I know about the LX units (so called "disco ball" alternative), but I haven't seen any for sale recently.

For most euro cars there are loads of various angel/devil-eyes type of headligts. But for the Taurus - none.. atleast no that I've found so far. :unsure:

Edit: What about these from an Sable, are they possible to retrofit on a Taurus? With or without the lightbar.
I think they look better than the milky white plastic I currently have and what some calles "head lights".. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okey, so they would require an SHO front bumper as well..

I'll stick to what I have and install a pair of extra head lights instead..

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Those Sable lights are custom-made, not store-bought. They were made to comply with European lighting regulations.

Four-eyes on a Sable doesn't look too bad. Looks very masculine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those Sable lights almost look like they are from a Thunderbird circa 1985.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those Sable lights are custom-made, not store-bought. They were made to comply with European lighting regulations.

Four-eyes on a Sable doesn't look too bad. Looks very masculine.
Yeah, that specific car is in Holland, asking price is 390EUR for the car...

Perhaps one could use these lights on an Taurus, but cutting out the oval shaped mid piece and replace it with either the lightbar of the Sable or just a plain plastic net - from say and Ford Scorpio..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/Ford_Scorpio.jpg

Nah, feels like hard work for nothing. I'll install a pair of squared extra head lights instead..

http://www.bilbroderna.se/images/3-930691.jpg

They are 195mm wide, two of them would be nice. Perhaps with an 50w Xenon kit. :wub:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Perhaps one could use these lights on an Taurus, but cutting out the oval shaped mid piece and replace it with either the lightbar of the Sable or just a plain plastic net
What you could do is gut the regular Taurus headlight and figure out a way to mount the sealed-beam unit in the case.

is it possibly to put higher wattage bulbs in the light bar on a 2nd gen sable?
The standard lightbar bulbs are already high wattage bulb. In fact, the standard lightbar bulbs are halogens. It's really hard to find higher wattage bulbs that fit in the hole.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You can find discoballs occasional on Ebay brand new or used.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
PIAA bulbs are trash. Get bulbs that don't have blue tints on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts