Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attempting to drill the spot welds on my shock tower to adjust camber. I've gotten the front ones but can't reach the back few. Anyone done this before. It looks like a pain to remove the cowl to make more room. I'm wondering if one of those close quarter drills might work? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
it only cost me 15 bucks a side to have it done at an alignment shop... i bet it would cost you less since you have it half done already

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks. I'll call around. I had it at Les Schwab originally and they wanted to install the whole adjustable camber plates on both sides which was pretty spendy.

it only cost me 15 bucks a side to have it done at an alignment shop... i bet it would cost you less since you have it half done already
[/b]

·
Registered
681 Posts
You have to take the black plastic cowling off to get to them. If you pop off the top of them you'll see how to get the bottom portion off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nuthin's ever easy is it :( Thanks for the help, maybe I'll tackle that with the new spark plugs I bought!

+1. You have to remove the entire cowling including the wiper motor to get to the rear spot welds.
[/b]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts