Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is getting an all data subscription worth the money.
i need it for the nissan, i have the factory service manual but not finding the info i need.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well it costs $27 a year. Do you think it'll save you more than $27 in a year? Do you think you'll use it more than once? It seems like an OK deal. You can buy a Chilton's manual for about $20, but that's not as comprehensive.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
hmm i should look into this cause we have 5 cars that we dont have manuals for...

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I had access to Alldata at UTI.

There's a decent amount of information, it won't have everything you need all the time, and it's easier to find info on domestics. It can be hard to navigate at times, some information isn't easily found and you have to go through a trail of links to get to it (it seams that this happens more often for imports, making it harder to find the info you need on them). But really, even though it would frustrate me at times, it is very useful, seeing as you have lots of information for tons of makes and models.

I was spoiled though, after getting access to Ford's online service manuals. But, considering you can't get access to all the different manufacturers online service manuals, All-Data is the next best thing.

One other problem I had is, the wiring diagrams are a lot more organized in a factory manual than all-data, so sometimes, it's hard to locate certain diagrams.

Now, I did not know that it's only 27 bucks a year. Knowing that, I just may get it myself.

EDIT: But one thing, is it 27 bucks a year for all the information, or just for a single vehicle?

EDIT Again: I see, it's only for one vehicle, and then additional vehicles can be added for another 15 bucks each or something like that. I was gonna say, i thought AllData was a lot more expensive than that.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
alldata is cheap like mitchell way better easier to find stuff and navigate oh and i did offer mitchell or alldata in the past an di still can the 2009 version is out lol

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Alldata is nicer than the service manuals because it gets updated more and has TSBs on it.

Service manual doesn't get updated after its printed

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
im talking about mitchell software wich is updated same as alldata and has all the tsb and all the same and better search function

·
Registered
285 Posts
I get to use all data all the time at work. It's pretty good.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I used alldata pretty regularily @ work, and I like it WAY better than mitchell, the new search function on Mitchell is horseshit.... Its pretty cool being able to look up pretty much anything on your car..

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
the search on mittchell is realy nice just have to give some basic word

like you want your spark plug gap or timing you dont start and ask big 3 4 letter search

just use the word spark

timing

as it has the same data with more color electric diagram lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts