Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so' just had new tie rod end put on, tires balanced, rotated, and aligned. Now i KNOW my rotors are warped...i'm letting them suffer... but the car still drifts to the right when driving straight. I was gonna take it back to the shop but got to wondering if the rotor could be causing friction, thus inducing the drift. You guys have trouble keeping your cars aligned? ps i drive about 400mi every weekend. hehe

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (95sable @ Jul 17 2009, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740207
so' just had new tie rod end put on, tires balanced, rotated, and aligned. Now i KNOW my rotors are warped...i'm letting them suffer... but the car still drifts to the right when driving straight. I was gonna take it back to the shop but got to wondering if the rotor could be causing friction, thus inducing the drift. You guys have trouble keeping your cars aligned? ps i drive about 400mi every weekend. hehe[/b]
Are your wheels too-hot-to-touch after driving ~10 miles? If so, you have a caliper dragging causing the issue. Rotors are cheap, replacing them is a walk in the park if thats the only issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts