Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Taurus Limited
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some previous posts, I have done so much research, and replaced nearly everything in the car that could affect the alignment. Please, any and all advice I will consider. Here is my issue:
I am chewing through tires every 8k miles or roughly every 6 months since I bought the car back in Feb of 2018. I currently have 140k on it, but have replaced many parts and have purchased camber adjusters for front and rear. So, the list of parts I have replaced are: inner tie rod on driver's front, control arm on both sides, wheel bearings all 4 corners, and pads and rotors. The rack has a little play, but it is very small and does not affect the toe yet (I know this because it has had 8 alignments since August 2019 and the toe has been dead on every time). So, here lies the issues, the thrust angle is -0.12, the car pulls to the right, the rear end is all over the road and the camber is more negative on the drivers side rear than passenger side rear. The passenger side rear tire is completely bald (cords are showing) but on the inside of the passenger rear, there is a tiny bit of tread that can be seen. Driver's side rear tire has even wear across. After 8 alignments and a couple thousand into this thing, I just cannot figure out what is going on. I'm desperate at this point. Please help if you have any insight or have experienced a similar situation! The first pic is drivers rear with tread, second pic is passenger rear.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
328 Posts
I would start with another alignment shop. Most reputable shops will tell you if there is a problem that needs addressed. As far as the back end being squirrely, my 17 was like that when I bought it used. I had 3 alignments (two different shops) and it persisted. While changing rear tires around I noticed the RR coil spring was not in its holder where it should be. Popped the spring in place and wa-la no more wandering all over the road. I do not think that is your problem but it was mine, first time in my life I ever ran across that issue.
P.S. when I bought the car it had 3 newish tires and the RR was worn unservicable with cord coming thru.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts