Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an alarm installed in Arizona, now living in Virginia.

The alarm goes off every time right after I turn it on. It used to work perfect, but now I can't use it at all. The alarm isn't supported here in Virginia, I think the nearest place is in Penn.

Any suggestions on the problem? Maybe a contact needs cleaning?

·
Super Moderator
8,765 Posts
More details needed! What brand / model of alarm? Is it set up for voltage sensing or tied into the dome light (door switches) circuit? Shock sensor? Hood and/or trunk alarmed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
does the alarm report a trigger zone at all? i fitted an aftermarket viper alarm/rs combo to my 98 taurus and would get false alarms reporting as door triggers, turns out fords need double diode isolation on monitored door inputs as the system pulses a slight current when the gem goes into low power "sleep" mode but its enough of a pulse to trigger alarm. redone all door diodes and no problems since

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what a trigger zone is? Sorry.

The alarm is tied into the key pad. Does trunk, doors, auto-start. It's called a Code-Alarm CA-530. Keyless entry and remote start system.

How do I check the door diodes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
the trigger zone just refers to the input that caused the alarm to activate i.e hood,trunk,door or an impact sensor. they are all asigned zones according to how they are hardwired to the alarm. anyway it seems to be a bit of a task to find an install manual but have found something that could be good. if you were given a keyfob when it was installed you could try this and see if it gives you some kind of idea of what could have caused it then it will give a starting point at least to help find the underlying cause:

Trip Identification
  • Trip ID identifies the specific zone that triggered the alarm system.
  • Upon returning to the vehicle, press DISARM. If the siren chirps 4 times, the alarm was triggered.
  • Press DISARM again. The siren will chirp a number of times, indicating the violated zone.
# of Chirps 1 = sensor 1
2 = sensor 2
3 = door/hood/trunk
4= ignition

hopefully this might help you, fingers crossed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts