Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of some security and i was thinking either a alarm or the old trick my dad used to use was the car battery hooked up to the side of the door... yea ouch... what are the best kinds and do they have that computer saying " you are too close to the vehicle" want to scare people and amaze them at the same time for a small price and also how hard are these things to install because i was thinking about getting a alarm and keyless entry combo. so yah all yall people who know about this please respond and i am also on a low budget... no job currenty

thanks T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw hows it going on havent been on the server thing for like 5 months my computer has been ****ing up.... and im lazy as s***. i think my bro has been ****in with my profile here cuz that picture i have on my sig was differnt last time i checked but o well

·
Registered
486 Posts
personally i never plan on getting a car alarm for my car despite the couple of grand worth of stereo equipment. Reason is i figure all they r good for is pi**in off the neighbors. If my insurance will pay and/or replace anything that could possibly get stolen from my car, including my car, why bother wasting money on a noise maker. Just my opinion

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no concern for my neighbors i make loud noises with certain explosives at night anyway lol but continue on anyway who ever knows all about this sort of thing. I will realy appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I have had alarms on every car I owned. Some were good and others were bad. Code-A-Alarm is the best. It opens the doors, has automatic starter and pops the trunk. My car did not come with keyless entry so I had it installed.

Its more then a noise maker, its a convience. Plus I work in the city so if I can scare someone away from my car, its OK with me.

I wouldn't bother installing it yourself. Get it done professionally. With all the wires and stuff, it would be hard to sort out. It takes those alarm guys a couple hours to install the whole thing. Don't get a talking one, it only amuses the teenagers.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Since like the rest of us you drive a Taurus and most of them are not exactly worth stealing too much, the object of the game is to make your car as annoying as possible to steal. In other words, they just go "WTF this isn't worth it" and leave. A fun way is to install an alarm but have a couple decoys in there, or have it tricked so that once they disarm one another goes off on the other side of the car, cuts off things like the fuel pump, maybe sets off some smoke bombs, if you know electronics get creative with the alarms!

If it takes more than 15 minutes to steal, people will just be like screw this and walk away. Most will walk away if they can't take it in 5. And a professional theif, 30 seconds, but pro thieves usually don't waste their time with 4 door domestics.
Unless of course there's something in the car worth taking...

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I got an alarm on my car last januray...and i've had some problems with it, but they are fixed now. Just so happens when i had the problems with it not working, some stuff got stolen out of my car (old 5.6" lcd monitor and the faceplate to my cd player). But hey, ever since my alarm works again, its been keepin people out! either its that or they think all my stuff was already stolen so it isnt worth it..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So yes everyone has an alarm, ok thats my first question answered. Next, It said on the box that one can install in 10 min, I am guessing thats crap. And someone said that the talking alarms dont do much just amuse teenagers. Is this good or bad? And I do like twlights idea of the smoke bombs and the more that I think about it, I just can see me walking across the parking lot and smoke coming out of the car, and then the kids running off.
What a wonderful and cheerful site.
But the more that I think about it, instead of smoke, think if the car started like beeping and counting down like a bomb counts down. I personally would find it histarical, but thats just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts