Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get an after market alarm for my 01, will the remote start work? I read somewhere that it may not work because of the car needing the chip from the key to start the car, is this true?
If it does need the key in for the chip, do I have other options?

thanks

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there are some gen 4 owners who have done alarms, and all gen 3s had the chip. So, was there a problem with remote start regarding the chip?? Someones gotta know.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i am getting an alarm with remots start installed this friday. there shouldnt be any problem, they have ways that they can get around the chip.

you shouldnt have any problem with the remote start, you just have to manuever around the computer system. aint technology great <_<

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply.

So If I did this myself would I be able to get around the "chip?"

-Kyle

·
Registered
746 Posts
i personally dont know how its done, but yes you can get around the chip. im sure that the installers at the local shops dont need any special tools or anything. the one thing they did tell me was that i would need to bring in a spair key, they would cut this key up and take the chip out of it, and then that would be incorporated in the system. how this is done i dont know, but i do know that after you get the remote start working after you by-pass the computer then you dont need to buy any special computer encoded keys anymore. any $2 key from wal mart will work

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you verrrrryyyyyyy much!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts