Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a slight wreck got ran off the road banged up my transmission and other things but got most of it fixed only thing left is my airbag light stays on all the time and i need to get that fixed so i can have a valid inspection. any ideas people? have other problems but will post elsewhere

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
On power up, the airbag light should flash out a 2 digit code a few times and then go on solid. Like 3 flashes, a pause, and then 2 flashes (= code 32) and then repeat this sequence once or twice more before going on constantly. Get the code and report back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Airbag code 42

2002 taurus airbag light flashes code 42. Seems to be front crash sensor. Further investigation says it is behind the front bumper. But I can't find it. I really don't know what it looks like. Can anyone confirm its there and can I reset it?

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Sensor cant be "reset", i.e., there isnt a reset button to push, etc. It is, however, common for the sensor ground (the mounting bolt) to get corroded up and the sensor loose a good ground causing the airbag light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts