Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Taurus and I went to the junkyard to get a replacement for the center dash counsil. I got the whole unit for $40 and installed it. All the plugs matched perfectly! But now the freakin' Airbag light is on! I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes ANNNND..... nothing :angry:
LIght is still on. Whats going on?
Nothing was wrong with the old dash consol but it was scratched and worn out.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I have a 2005 Taurus and I went to the junkyard to get a replacement for the center dash counsil. I got the whole unit for $40 and installed it. All the plugs matched perfectly! But now the freakin' Airbag light is on! I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes ANNNND..... nothing :angry:
LIght is still on. Whats going on?
Nothing was wrong with the old dash consol but it was scratched and worn out.

The '02 ICP does not have the PASS AIRBAG OFF lamp. If that connector is left disconnected, you will get the airbag lamp. You need an ICP for '04 or later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The '02 ICP does not have the PASS AIRBAG OFF lamp. If that connector is left disconnected, you will get the airbag lamp. You need an ICP for '04 or later.
But... but... but.... I dont have one. And none of the junk yards around me have one either. Heck i cant even find one on Ebay.
I was reading a little on a sticky that touched on this topic and it seems that I just disconnect two wires. Can anyone comment on that?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The topic involved putting in a resistor to make the system think there is a light bulb there so yeah, it's a valid point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The topic involved putting in a resistor to make the system think there is a light bulb there so yeah, it's a valid point.
Well I was reading that someone tried it and it didnt work. So he just disconected the wires from the harness. I think Im just going to cover the damn bulb with tape :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Yeah, he disconnected those 2 wires from the harness so they werent plugged into the back of the radio.
Well thats a lot easier than messing around with a resistor and soldering.

Thing is..... which harness IS it? :unsure: Is it the harness for the radio with all the wires for the speakers, etc? Or is it one of the other harnesses?

Man I never thought I would be getting into this problem.
Thanks for everyones help!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There are loads of ICPs on eBay from 2004+ cars.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
just remove the bulb its real simple
Not that simple. The airbag computer will constantly beep to indicate a burned out bulb. I think living with a light is better than living with a beep.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well thats a lot easier than messing around with a resistor and soldering.

Thing is..... which harness IS it? :unsure: Is it the harness for the radio with all the wires for the speakers, etc? Or is it one of the other harnesses?

Man I never thought I would be getting into this problem.
Thanks for everyones help!
There's only one harness that plugs into the back of the ICP. Don't both with the ones plugging into the climate controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's only one harness that plugs into the back of the ICP. Don't both with the ones plugging into the climate controls.
Ohhhhh! OK, so its the one plugged into the radio looking unit then.

Taurus93 said:
I ended up figuring out that I needed to pull the two wires out of the harness so they would not connect to the radio, causing the airbag light to come on.

Just figured I'd post this in case someone else tries the same thing.
Now I think..... THINK he cut the Brown/Blue and Red/Yellow wires.
Can anyone confirm that those are the correct wires? The way my luck is going.... who knows. :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SON OF A........... grrrrrrrrrr......
The guy who put together the harness after he uninstalled his sound system butchered the whole damn THING! I unwrapped the harness from the electrical tape and the wires were spliced SOOOOOO close to the plug I cant even do anything. In fact the damn power wire snapped and there is no wire left to reconnect it!
Now I have to get a new consol AND a new harness. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts