Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with Electrical System of my 99 Sable wagon. It began with my air bag light illuminating intermittently during rainy weather. Things have continued to deteriorate in that the windows now will often 'balk' at going up or down and the wipers will sometimes stop functioning. To 'solve' the problem it's often necessary to click the power locks on/off while also holding the window button to get the windows to function (temporarily). The Wipers also can be 'temporarily' kick started by clicking the lock/unlock button.

I've looked over the vehicle electrical schematics and haven't noted a common wire between these systems (figuring there's a short somewhere). The fuses look good.

Regarding the airbag light (which started this problem) it doesn't appear to be providing a consistent beeping code to help in the diagnosis.

Anyone ever run into this sort of problem?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like you might have a grounding problem. Check the ground connections for corrosion. The reason it might do it when it rains is because the moisture might be shorting out the ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.