Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I saw at least 1 kit up for a sale a while ago, I think it was a custom setup I believe, but it was for a Taurus. Don't know who.

·
Registered
4 Posts
here is one on air...I am trying to get pics of his setup. I was thinking of doing the same thing. but with a cleaner style. wire wheels are not my thing.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
yeah i remeber seing this car on cardomain before... its pretty cool, but not my thing... id rather just have some lowering springs

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
here is one on air...I am trying to get pics of his setup. I was thinking of doing the same thing. but with a cleaner style. wire wheels are not my thing.

[/b]
Y'know, if he ditched the chrome spats and the mini-D's...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
do you have part numbers for your strut bags? any pics on assembly?
I have though about doing an air setup on my wagon, i can figure out the rear (simple air bag) but the front is the hard part with the struts.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
yep thats ours. no cylinders. strut bags.
[/b]
about $2000 when we first did it. its gonna have alot more in it this time around when its put back together.
[/b][/quote]

that sounds like too much money for me, just to have airbags

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
it sounds about right to have a full air suspension.
Have you even priced a replaceing your stock suspension? it runs about $600+ in parts alone. Plus you can't adjust the suspension for when you are towing or have a full car of people.
Have you looked at any taurus when there is 5 normal size people in it?
the whole car is on the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
This one was going around for awhile.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
it sounds about right to have a full air suspension.
Have you even priced a replaceing your stock suspension? it runs about $600+ in parts alone. Plus you can't adjust the suspension for when you are towing or have a full car of people.
Have you looked at any taurus when there is 5 normal size people in it?
the whole car is on the ground.
[/b]
I dont need a price on replacing the stock suspension because my stock suspension is fine, and i never have 5 people in my car anyways, and i dont tow anything(i have a car, why would i want to tow something)

I was just saying bags on my car is not something I plan on doing, but if i had like a ranger or an S-10 then maybe

·
Registered
66 Posts
all the struts have had the spring perches cut off and new mounts welded on lower. bags slide over strut like a spring. strut top mounts are all redone with sealed bearings inthe front. all strut tabs have been welded up higher and struts slid down. the bags are around 180 each from universalair.com. you would want to talk to joe ray. the car lays about 1 1/2" from the ground with all mods done. it will be lower when it comes back out next spring. i will upload some more pics soon.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
when you are working on your suspension, next time can you take pics of the struts?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.