Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get the cover to my air box off.. I have a K&N air filter.. but.. I didn't put it in. A guy at the shop where I had my oil changed did. Am I missing something? All I see are the too clip thingies on the back of the box. Not only can I not seem to get those off for the life of me.. but.. the front of the box seems very well secured.. Damnit.. I read the tutorial by Qwertz on how to do it on a 3.8 minutes before I went out there..

*Edit: Nevermind.. I found my Haynes Manual in my desk...
*Edit: Grr...... curses and damnit, and... everything else naughty to say. I thought I did my homework. I looked at the Intake Removal guide on the site, I got the box off and then I looked and.... no intake silencer.. So, I get back on the site.. and I search. THEN I find out that the intake silencer isn't like it is with the Essex.. Then I find out all we have in our Gen II Vulcan's is that bent piece of tubing? *sigh* Somebody needs to modify that little guide and tell Gen I/II Vulcan owners to not bother with it...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well, sorry about that. I can't edit the tutorial that's on the site, but if you ask an admin to do it, they'll probably change it.

BTW, the silencer on the Vulcan is that blocky thing that goes between teh airbox and driver's side fender.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
yeah I pulled mine out last year and now the secondaries really roar!

loud intakes are awsome B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts