Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody knows where I can get an already made intake I would definetly buy it....let me know

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
if you want a cold air intake ask SableSal he makes some or you can make your own pretty easy

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Do you want it for show or are you wanting extra power? Mysuggestion, save your money and go for the power.

Just tear out the stock baffle and silencer and replace it with a long flex tube. Cut the inlet the goes to the air box so that the 3" tube can go around the inlet. Snap that back into place. At the other end, extend it all the way to the front of the lower air dam. There's a plastic peace that keeps air from getting into the wheel, just pull on it and break it off (there's no easy way else to do it).

You will need a carbon fiber air duct. These items are known as brake ducts are made specifically for Nascar short track race cars. These ducts are placed at the lower part of the bumper air dam to cool the front brakes during extreme brake temperatures. We can use them for our air intakes. There is a guy on ebay that sells used Nascar parts and he usually sells them pretty cheap.

If you get one, you will need to cut the tip back so it will fit flush in your bulls air dam so it won't stick out. Make sure you either cover the bottom air dam with a mesh grill kit or at least cover the air duct itself, otherwise bugs, hay, and what not will clog the filter and you'll have to clean it every 3 weeks or so like I did. When I first installed it, I painted the mesh grill black so it blended well.

I've had this set up for over a year and a half and it's great. I've never had a problem with the rain. I've tried every single cold air set up there is on the market and this is what I keep going back too.

If you want the high performance look, get an old Contour SVT conical air box (for Vulan) or a post 2000 Mustang conical air box (for Duratec). For a SHO upgrade, you'll need the conical air box from a Mustang GT.

These air boxes are designed for the passenger side, but you can cut the inlet down so you can flip it onto the other side and still attach it to the MAF and the flex tubing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts