Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2003 Taurus SE with the Vulcan 6. I have an issue with the A/C not cooling the car well enough. Can someone give the ballpark numbers for what temps I should expect at the duct while in Max A/C, low fan and while in A/C, low fan? If it isn't where it should be, then I'll take it in to the dealer.

Thanks.

Rpickle

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
my car blows out like 42F-36F

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by rpickle@Jun 17 2004, 11:44 PM
Hello. I have a 2003 Taurus SE with the Vulcan 6. I have an issue with the A/C not cooling the car well enough. Can someone give the ballpark numbers for what temps I should expect at the duct while in Max A/C, low fan and while in A/C, low fan? If it isn't where it should be, then I'll take it in to the dealer.

Thanks.

Rpickle
My 1993 Taurus blows at 50 degrees. It was retrofitted from R-12 to R-134A.

The car may still be under warranty so it might be a good idea to take it to a reputable Ford/Mercury/Lincoln dealer to have the system checked out.

Hopefully, it's just low on R-134A without any leaks in the system. - Reinhart

·
Registered
21 Posts
My '97 3.0 Vulcan was just recharged this weekend. Had to because compressor pulley bearing just went bad, had to dump 134A to do the work.
Anyways, we got 40 degrees F at the center vent while idling in driveway. This was at max cool. Around 43 degrees F on Low cool. Was approximately 88 degrees outside with 90 percent humididty.
When car was running( driving around town ), we got to 38 degrees F at both Max and low settings.
Air Conditioning in this car was always very COLD!!!

-reever

·
Registered
411 Posts
It should be around 45* after sitting on max A/C for 15 minutes.

But remember, it all depends on Ambient Temperature and heat load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I thought it should be in the low 40's. Its not. I'll take it to Ricart next week.

Later on, aye.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts