Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all:
Can someone(s) help me with analizing this data and recommendations? Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.
I've no experience with refrigeration but read as much as I could find on the topic here, bought the Harbor Freight manifold gauge set and jumped into my 2002 Wagon SE, 3.0 Vulcan. I could not find High and Low pressure values for this specific model--just a couple of ranges from various nonspecific sources (didn't want to pay $35 for the manual and CD not available on ebay). Here's what happened:
Low Pres------High Pres Ambient temp 82 to 87 F
Static First readings
82--------------84
Running
35--------------82 output temp 72 F (not stemmed t'mometer, just a window one taped to vent)
After 2 ea. 12 oz. cans 134A
Running
38---------------230 output temp 52F
Static
93--------------95 Do these values look okay, in the range?

I found leakage in low pressure fill valve and the valve hissed for a while on disconnecting from coupling. I'll try tightening the valve with Shraeder tool tomorrow (Ford service bulletin that I found on Internet indicated that these cars, since late nineties, were originally charged with dye at factory). ;) Thanks, wjs

·
Registered
172 Posts
The low pressure switch should cut out at about 25 psi, and cut in at about 45 psi.. high should be 85 static.low . running should be 275-325 high should be steady at 28-30 pounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts