Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Taurus SE is blowing hot air from the A/C. Recharged it today (eventhough when I hooked up the freon to recharge it, it appeared already at a full charge). Compressor kicking on, so that is fine. All the lines are cold when I touch them. Could it be the heater core or thermostat? I'm at a loss here. Can anyone offer some insight please.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
I believe it was low enough for the pressure switch to failsafe the system. The A/C system is fairly simple, the compressor is electronically controlled to energize the clutch on and off. Pressure switches won't allow the compressor to work to keep it from overheating and locking up. I haven't heard of a pressure switch going bad but if the problem continues and there's no leak, it may need replacing.
edit- re-read your post and realized your compressor is working and no cold air is coming out the vents. The temp control switch on the dash sounds like the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the temperature control switch something that is known to fail in Taurus'? Is it easy to replace/of low cost? I really am looking to keep the repair to a minimum i.e. do it myself.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts