Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday happened this... Coming home from work, with the air condition on, the battery light on the desk, turned on.
At home made some test and the battery for find that the battery need to be replaced. It has 6 year. Ok, I changed the battery, and no problem, no battery light on desk.
Yesterday we drove it, and the air condition is not working! The day before it was working fine, how it is possible this?
Are those related?
Thank you for any suggest! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Friday happened this... Coming home from work, with the air condition on, the battery light on the desk, turned on.
At home made some test and the battery for find that the battery need to be replaced. It has 6 year. Ok, I changed the battery, and no problem, no battery light on desk.
Yesterday we drove it, and the air condition is not working! The day before it was working fine, how it is possible this?
Are those related?
Thank you for any suggest! :)
Well pulling out the battery affects the car pretty badly, what might have happen is something was wrong with the air conditioning before and then you pulled the plug and then it wasn't working.

·
Super Moderator
8,588 Posts
First of all, what year? Engine? Cars with IRCM/CCRM are diagnosed differently than cars without.

Could try jumping the CCPS and see if the compressor turns on / AC cools. Failed CCPS is fairly common problem.

I dont think the batt replacement had anything to do with the AC failure.

·
Super Moderator
8,588 Posts
98 has a CCRM (constant control relay module). CCRM contains fuel pump and PCM power relays, fan relays (lo and hi speed) and the AC clutch relay.

CCPS = cycling clutch pressure switch. It is located on the accumulator, and turns the AC clutch relay in the CCRM on and off as a function of refrigant gas pressure in the accumulator. Pressures below 24 or so psi CCPS is open, above that pressure it is closed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the explanation! During the week I'll try to jumping the CCPS, and see if it works.
After I will post the result! :)

Thank you again!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The CCRM stopped at the end of the 97 MY. Starting in 98 they switched to a relay box on the side of the battery and relocated some of the diodes and relays to the main fuse panel.

·
Super Moderator
8,588 Posts
The CCRM stopped at the end of the 97 MY. Starting in 98 they switched to a relay box on the side of the battery and relocated some of the diodes and relays to the main fuse panel.

Of course you are right about the year CCRM went away..... Must have been a seroius brain fart on my part.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
But the air flow does not follow the changes you make with the panel?

BDA only controls air temp. When it goes bad it defaults to full hot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What BDA mean?
If I try the air conditioned and change from minimum to maximum you can feel more air, but not cold. The same if the heater is on. You can feel more air but not warm.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
BDA= Blend Door Actuator or what determines the temperature of the air if you have an Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) system.

If the air is not going where you choose it to them you have vacuum problems. Either a leaking tube or bad vacuum motors.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BDA= Blend Door Actuator or what determines the temperature of the air if you have an Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) system.

If the air is not going where you choose it to them you have vacuum problems. Either a leaking tube or bad vacuum motors.

It has a manual one.
I think the air is going where I choose it, but today I'll double check.

Thank you for your patience, you are very helpful!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts