Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what do i have to check for this prb cuz now even if i put it on defrost the compressor is cycling on and off and it eating some rpm out of my engine and now it not cooling as it was before ? anyhelp

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was just filled not to long ago and they was no leak

but even if i put the car on defrost witch is not a air conditionner related and still it cycling on and off alway for no fucking reason and it making the car loose power

other question my car is a gen 1 2 3 4 ?

94 taurus 3.8 sedan

and would it be possible to have the spec of the frame bushing that you guy where selling not to long ago so i could make my own since im poor as hell :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Sounds like you just have a slow leak. Usually they just put some dye in the system and if they can't see any leaking out, they say it's got no leaks. That could mean that they can't see where the leak is coming from because there's lots of different components to the system and not all hoses/lines are visible unless you start taking things apart.

The A/C comes on automatically when you use the defroster. It's used as a dehumidifier which removes the frost quicker. It will also help to lubricate the compressor by having it come on in the winter, otherwise oil will just pool at the bottom of it.

The easy way out of this may be to get a recharge kit of 134a (Don't think your year is R-12) and just hook it up to the low pressure side. It's usually under $10 or so. Of course it's really kinda pointless because it'll just leak out again, but it'll be good for a few days til you can get someone to look at it more closely. Oh, it's also bad for the environment (but not as bad as R-12), so it's best to just take it to the shop...

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy already tested it for leak with the pressure gauge

and they was not leak present for 30 m min of runnnig the car

and maybe there a small leak if this is so ill just empty the damn thing cuz the thing is alway cycling on and of and when im driving around it do really make a difference on the highway or ill get a refill and leak sealer lolllll i can alsotry this is 70 $ you had the sealer and then add some r134 then after that no more leak hihihi

a couple of my friend use that and even the guy who sell it and for 3 year and no customer came back and complain about it

the other question what is controlling this compressor is there a sensor or a computer ? if yes where would it be ? and could this be defective and making the compressor cycle al the time

·
Registered
389 Posts
Define "not to long ago". Was it less than an hour? (yea, I'm being a smartass). Just because it didn't leak last week, doesn't mean it isn't now.
Disconnect the compressor clutch if you don't want it to cycle. Be prepared for frosty windshields, even with the defroster on high.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Maybe the low pressure switch is bad. It is in the metal A/C line before the compressor.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill check it out if im missing pressure if yes i dont know if i should use a seal and fill stuff for the ac or rip it out so i can save 100 lbs in metal i dont use lolllllll

1 - 8 of 8 Posts