Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2000 Duratec station wagon.

Occasionally the air bag warning light stays on. During most trips time it's off.

I suspect a corroded connector. I am open to learn of other possible causes.

Question 1: Where are the connectors (particularly up front) for the air bag sensor?

Question 2: How long must the battery be disconnected before there's no chance of setting off the bag when mucking with the connectors?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Before you start looking at connectors, get the code for the problem. That will tell you where to start looking. As for leaving it unplugged I'm not sure about the taurus, some cars are anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes. Myself I'd unhook the battery for 15-20 minutes to be safe. Also be careful with static electricity around the air bag system. Oh and as for the connectors, any connector for air bags should be a yellow connector. Yellow is how air bag components are suppose to be identified in all automobiles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Within the past month, sometimes when it rains or we get snow, the airbag light will flash at start up and then stay on. If you shut the engine off and then restart it it goes away.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Count the flashes, it'll be something like: (*=flash)

*_*_*_* _______*_*_*_*_ *_*_*
=47

1 - 4 of 4 Posts