Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure why, but my driver's side windshield washer nozzle is shooting over the roof of the car. I have tried jamming a toothpick in there to aim them (worked on my neon) and I can't get it to change direction.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Darthenstein@Aug 26 2004, 07:37 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure why, but my driver's side windshield washer nozzle is shooting over the roof of the car. I have tried jamming a toothpick in there to aim them (worked on my neon) and I can't get it to change direction.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
what speed are you going? i've heard that some people need to be going 35mph or higher for it to hit the windshield

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
My nozzles suck like that, too. They both shower the whole roof with washer fluid. I've tried toothpicks, pushpins, thin wire, all kinds of stuff... nothing seems to help. I'm thinking about installing a resistor in-line on the washer pump hot lead to reduce the pressure.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
seriously, people, think about it...the faster you go, the more pressure you're going to need to get it to get all over the windshield, because of your horizontal velocity. have you tried using the ....wait, you just said driver's side only...

we need a new icon that says "i am stupid" instead of "i'm with stupid" :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just went out and picked up a pack of Street Glow LED Windshield washer nozzles.... they are really easy to set up.... they just use a pin to adjust em and (in my opinion) have a better fluid output than the stock ones...picked em up from advance auto for like $15.... I didnt hook up the LEDs YET (mostly because I am not 100% sure of how I want to do it .. thinking of hooking em up to either the low beams or the day running headlights....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I like aiming the right nozzle at the guy walking his dog in my yard, and the left nozzle at the jerk tailgating me.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I just went out and picked up a pack of Street Glow LED Windshield washer nozzles.... they are really easy to set up.... they just use a pin to adjust em and (in my opinion) have a better fluid output than the stock ones...picked em up from advance auto for like $15.... I didnt hook up the LEDs YET (mostly because I am not 100% sure of how I want to do it .. thinking of hooking em up to either the low beams or the day running headlights....
In most states, if they aren't white or amber prepare for a ticket if you do that. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts