Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i installed new headlights and now they're all out of whack. i get the idea of aiming them on the wall and all that hoorah...but i have two questions.

how high should the beams be up on the wall if the car is about 25 feet from the wall?

also, what bolts do i need to turn to move the lights up and down and side to side?

any help would be great, and pictures would be sweet.

thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i figured it out on my own. if you need to aim your lights, here's how (at least, on my 97 taurus lx)

two black bolts, one on the outside of the headlamp (moves it up and down) and one on the inside (left to right)

do a google search for "aiming headlights" and you get a gazillion references...advancedautoparts.com had the best guide i found...complete with step by step instructions and pictures.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are on my 97 taurus lx. i just had to lower my drivers side beam a little this morning. if you're standing at the front of the car, it's the left bolt on the passenger headlight and the right bolt on the driver headlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the left to right is the one with the little rubber thingy over it in the picture. my car still has the rubber cover...yours may not. again, do a google search for aiming headlights to find instructions.....advancedautoparts.com has a nice tutorial.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Dittio on my 96 GL. Yes I have the rubber cap too... B)

Instructions Umm... thats too much work..

Well with regard to up/down position - we havet o just center the bubble right. ? or do you put it slightly up?

ALso if you ave played iwth the left/right screw. If I Turn it clock wise (lookin down at that screw) Does the head light turn inward (to the center of the car?) or does it turn outward to the sides..

thx

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here're the instructions i used last night.

aiming headlights

works like a charm.

and no. follow the instructions on the link i gave you. once you have them all lined up, you use the bubble balancer to set the center. that way, next time you check, you can just use the bubble balancer to see if they need adjusted. but this first time you'll need to use those instructions and find some flat ground and a wall. the balancers are set after you adjust the aim of the lights.

you'll see what i mean when you get to doing it. i was confused as **** until i was done and i'm like, "oh yeah..."

good luck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess that would work. i've never done it before....so i got instructions. they're bright as **** too. Xenon WPK Quartz 55/65w bulbs........nice.

hey ash, know if you can buy the 100w harnesses retail? i have no means to order them online. would some place like autozone carry them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
here're the instructions i used last night.

aiming headlights

works like a charm.

and no. follow the instructions on the link i gave you. once you have them all lined up, you use the bubble balancer to set the center. that way, next time you check, you can just use the bubble balancer to see if they need adjusted. but this first time you'll need to use those instructions and find some flat ground and a wall. the balancers are set after you adjust the aim of the lights.

you'll see what i mean when you get to doing it. i was confused as **** until i was done and i'm like, "oh yeah..."

good luck.

This link is no longer correct. Any other recommended sites to check out that would walk ya they the whole process of aiming your headlights and then adjusting the balancer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts